Can my Desktop run OS X
1 1

Question

This is my PC: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02628380&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5049531#N380

I have linux (OpenSuse 13.1) installed and am duel booting with GRUB2. Do I need a separate hardrive? Can I integrate OSX into a GRUB menu option to boot or do I HAVE to use the Niresh bootloader. will OSX run on my PC and is Niresh the only option because its an AMD machine , and what steps should i take to do so. 

I want to run Yosemite but will I be able to update it without a developer account and eventually get a final build?

11 answers to this question

1. It's the most useful to install yosemite on a separate Drive, so if anything goes wrong you won't delete your other partitions. You HAVE (: to use the Niresh boot loader. To boot you need to use the bootargs: -v amdfx . If you run in other errors just report it we can always try to fix your problem.

2. Yes you'll update to the full version eventually, you can download yosemite via the macpawn download page, there are links to the downloads.

Just try to install OSX we'll see what doesn't work and what does.

Good Luck

I got the usb to boot but it gets stuck at:

[ PCI configuration begin ]

add bootarg: PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000

Also if that doesn't work try this PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000

And if all of this fail's remove PCIRootUID=1 and only try npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000

Example of your bootargs: PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 amdfx -v

please post all your specs, then i may be able to help you

Reminder you are using a AMD cpu.
I don't think we can use amd cpu's on the yosemite.

And @ is right,

you can't install yosemite on an AMD

right now i'm just trying mavericks because in order to install yosemite mavericks must be already installed.

1 person likes this

right now i'm just trying mavericks because in order to install yosemite mavericks must be already installed.

That's not true,  but I think that if what you're installing is a stock  Pavillion it's not going to go anywhere.  I don't think you have the chipset to make this fly.