Mavericks Won't boot after Installation
2 2

Question

I booted from the Niresh mavericks installer usb, wiped everything off my 1TB HDD and installed on that drive, when the installation had completed, i was prompted to reboot, i did that, then after rebooting, i get an annoying error message saying "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". What now!? I didn't install with any flags, i have An Acer Predator G 3620

Any help would be greatly appreciated

5 answers to this question

It sounds like your BIOS (or EFI/UEFI) is asking for you to boot from the HDD/SDD or USB that has the system on it:

1) First try to go into your Boot Selector area, usually an F# button like F8 (check your manual). Then select the HDD/SDD you installed Mac OS X on. Reboot and it should come up, if not...

2) Try going to your Boot Select area and choose your USB and see what happens. It may just make you do a reinstall though...

Details on what steps you took to install to your system would help, as well as the specs you have.

Hey, i Have:

3,09 GHz Intel Core i5

AMD Radeon HD 7870 2048 MB

16GB DDR3

1TB Drive

The Rest of the specs can be found here

My Bios is in legacy at the moment and secure boot (or something similar) Is turned off and my SATA is in AHCI

Edit: I Took These Steps

On 7/3/2014 at 6:20 AM, Ben Potts said:

Here’s the mail I got J

Hi

Thank you for posting your question in the community.

I understand that whenever you start the computer you see the message “"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

Usually this error message occurs if in the BIOS, booting is set as to start from CD Rom or floppy drive as first boot device. Where as you are trying to boot from the Hard disk.

Go into BIOS  and change the Drive Boot Order so that the Hard Drive comes first as a boot priority. You should be able to boot into Windows normally after you save it to that configuration.

Note: Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

http://www.deskdecode.com/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-explained/

Here’s the mail I got J

Hi

Thank you for posting your question in the community.

I understand that whenever you start the computer you see the message “"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

Usually this error message occurs if in the BIOS, booting is set as to start from CD Rom or floppy drive as first boot device. Where as you are trying to boot from the Hard disk.

Go into BIOS  and change the Drive Boot Order so that the Hard Drive comes first as a boot priority. You should be able to boot into Windows normally after you save it to that configuration.

Note: Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

http://www.deskdecode.com/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-explained/