Slow Video on GTX 550 ti and Noisy Audio
2 2

Question

Hi, I installed niresh in my PC with no troubles.

After the installation, I realized that my animations are slowly. Slow answers on video issues and the audio is noisy. Its not to bad, its a low noise, but there is. In the installation I leave the default configuration, using GraphicsEnabler=yes because of my Graphic Card. And the audio is still the same.

I tried to disable the graphic card using GraphicsEnabler=No but the mac doesnt starts.

PC:

i7 3770K

GTX 550 Ti

MotherBoard MSI H61M 

7 answers to this question

How do you have audio with GTX 550 Ti? I have a Gigabyte GTX 550 Ti and my audio isn't working and no one knows how to fix it...

How do you have audio with GTX 550 Ti? I have a Gigabyte GTX 550 Ti and my audio isn't working and no one knows how to fix it...

Well, audio is a question of the motherboard. What is yours?

I've installed Niresh's Mavericks 10.9 and I got audio working as well. There is a noise on the background as Anderson Souza mentioned but I'm pretty sure that has something to do with the db levels.

On Windows if you go to the audio options you have several parameters to configure and maybe some of them can cause the same noise on the background. I also have plugged in a Logitech C270 and I know for a fact that the mic is very sensitive. For now on my system it shows that there's no webcam installed but I can't be 100% sure of that or even if there's some sort of conflict between audio x webcam and that could be the cause of the noise.

Or, it's just a matter of finding the right kext to susbstitute the HDAvoodoo. Which I still didn't do.

My video card is also a GTX550Ti and I've downloaded a kext for webgraphics. The system already recognized my video card after the installation was done but still haven't tested with games or softwares.

PS: try reinstalling Niresh's and choose to customize before installing on your Hard Drive. Search for this on the driver's list:

Mac Pro 3.1

Mac Pro 4.1

Mac Pro 5.1

I've assigned mine with Mac Pro 4.1

The Machine I've installed Niresh's is an old computer I have.

Processor: AMD FX6300

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 rev 1.0

Video: Nvidia Gtx550Ti

Ram: 8gb 1333mhz.

I tried this and installed the CUDA support and NVIDIA web driver but the Final Cut still sucks :(.

I realized a little gain in the animations like genius, but the softwares... still the same.

Would you mind going to your video options and take a print screen? Also would be good to have a print of the nvidia driver version as well. Thanks.

About the Audio Noise you're getting. I actually solved that on my computer.

Open System Preferences

Click on VoodooHDA

On this panel search for => Input Gain

Move the bar to your left, turning off the Input Gain.

Open any music file and check.

Hope it works.

Just an update: I've tried to install CUDA drivers for my Gtx550Ti and it changed a lot the graphics.

Here is the download link:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

PS: note that you need to open the terminal after you install any kexts and rebuild the caches.

To do that just open terminal and type:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

After that you need to reboot.