Jumpy Mouse on VMWare (AMD), Can't Do Anything?
2 2

Question

So I went ahead and installed Niresh OS X Mavericks 10.9 on VMWare Workstation 10 without an issue. The mouse worked throughout the entire setup.

Whenever I boot up and get to the login screen, my mouse jumps everywhere on the screen! The keyboard works fine, but nothing I do fixes the mouse. This makes it impossible to do anything. I also noticed the mouse seems to be permanently "grabbing" items as if the left-mouse button is always being held. So moving the mouse forces it to start dragging and opening random items.

I have used the USBBusFix=Yes flag. I tried reinstalling without installing the Laptop kext option. I even turned on Mouse Keys on Windows. None of this works. I can't do anything in OS X because I can't get to anywhere... I heard that certain mouses work, others do not. I only have 2-3 to test, but I have not yet done that.

I am using Windows 7 x64 with an AMD CPU, 32GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 680 SC, and loads of TB worth of storage. Thank you.

2 answers to this question

This is in the wrong section of the forum. Sorry! Mod can you move it to the Niresh Mavericks section?

Ended up finding the fix in a different post. Reinstall everything under a Windows 7 x64 OS on VMWare and it will fix the problem!