Niresh Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 problem
2 2

Question

hi guys

i booted the dvd typed "amd" then hit enter and it gets stuck on this screen with the icon at the bottom spinning. any ideas whats causing this??

i would appreciate some help.

I just ran amd -v.........it stopped on "waiting for root device"

my system>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Computer Type                      ACPI x64-based PC
Operating System                  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Service Pack                    Service Pack 1

CPU Type                              QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition B55, 3617 MHz
Motherboard Name                Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H

System Memory                      4096 MB  (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)

Video Adapter                       AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series  (2 GB)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i2ow2q.jpg

4 answers to this question

Not sure but have you set your SATA  to AHCI instead of IDE in your BIOS? 

Also, if you change it from IDE to AHCI you may find windows will not boot. This can be fixed by switching back to IDE load windows, then search "install AHCI in windows 7"in google. Easily fixed.

Otherwise I have no idea.   ;)

Not sure but have you set your SATA  to AHCI instead of IDE in your BIOS? 

Also, if you change it from IDE to AHCI you may find windows will not boot. This can be fixed by switching back to IDE load windows, then search "install AHCI in windows 7"in google. Easily fixed.

Otherwise I have no idea.   ;)

many thanks for your tip.

I went back and made a 20gb partition from my 500gb storage hdd. all installed fine. I then added a boot entry with easeyBCD.

I just need to sort out the audio as I have none. and the graphics as its only a resolution of 1024x768 plus it tends to flash like hell sometimes on the web.

I think you need to use the OSX install to make the partition.

The MBR for your machine is probably the difficultly. If you use the whole drive its easier, otherwise you need to install a proper bootloader setup so your partition can be booted from.

Like shown here:

http://www.hackintoshosx.com/topic/13590-guide-how-to-dual-boot-windows-7-mountain-lion-with-chameleon-boot-loader/

(i think..)

EDIT: you may find this helpful also;

http://www.hackintosh.zone/hackintosh/articles/how-to/how-to-fix-the-boot0-error-for-your-hackintosh-r25/

many thanks for your tip.

I went back and made a 20gb partition from my 500gb storage hdd. all installed fine. I then added a boot entry with easeyBCD.

I just need to sort out the audio as I have none. and the graphics as its only a resolution of 1024x768 plus it tends to flash like hell sometimes on the web.

Glad to hear its working! I think the resolution and flashing is graphics kext issue. Not really sure on these but over at insanelymac or similar site you might find advice from someone who has your video card working.

Fo instance your card series is listed here::

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/92952-list-confirmed-radeon-hd-7xxx-series-10-8-3-a.html

(also if there's any chance you could make this answered , maybe someone would come help me with my problem.

B) blatant self promotion ,apologies. just would like to get some help with my install)