AMD update from 10.9.3 to 10.9.4
7 7

Question

Successfully updated AMD from 10.9.3 to 10.9.4 with backed up kernel and AppleMatch.kext, Sandbox.kext and System.kext. After update put back kernel and kexts, repair permissions and boot first time with -x -v, after that boot normal, everything working fine ;

3 people like this

10 answers to this question

Which kernel are you using? I've tried deekay 2.1 and BSA R9 - No luck. ( i need AMD 8350 FX support )

I've updated Niresh Mavericks from 10.9 to 10.9.4 and it doesn't boot anymore after Apple logo. I don't know how to fix it, I haven't found my solution on this forum...

@Near if u r using AMD then u must back up extensions and kernel, after update put them back, repair permissions and then u can boot in os

i restore kexts from windows via cpy pst of my backup. but how to restore kernel ? , i cnt boot , plz help me as soon as possible :cry:

@grujev not exactly. I've done like u said and it bringed me to the moment when it was just hanging on the apple logo. I've tried -v -x -f flags, together and separetly but it didn't work. Of course i've replaced kernel and whole Extensions with the backuped ones. Any ideas? :D

What are the boot flags to boot from the usb if the Kernel want work after updating to 10.9.4 I tried -v -f -x. etc..