Please Help Me With My QE/CI: I know I am missing something
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have an eMachines ET1352G-03w - Athlon II X2 260u 1.8 GHz with 8GB Ram and an EVGA GeForce GT620 1024MB PCIe Video Card. The motherboard chipset is the NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE chipset which does not have AHCI ability. Despite the AMD and AHCI limitations, Thanks to Niresh, I was able to install from the ML 10.8.5 distro and have a bootable OSX86.

Network is working at 100Mbs thanks to the nForceLAN.0.64.5 kext, (That is what is reported when i look around in the networking options). This is good enough even though the actual onboard Network lan should be Gigabit Ethernet.

The sound is fully working with the ALC662 kext. I have a networked hp printer installed, and a local USB printer installed. All usb ports seem to work with USB pin drives. USB mice & keyboard also seem to work.

The only usb devices i have had problems with are USB logitech webcam and Portable USB sata hard drives.

I have full resolutions (ALL) thanks to The (New Nvidia) kext drivers downloaded from (Well I actually forget) The NVDAGF100Hal.kext, GeForce.kext, NVDAGK100Hal.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext, NVDAResman, & NVDAStartup kexts are what worked and is what is in the S/L/E folder. The GeForceGA.plugin & GeforceGLDriver.bundle & The GeForceVADriver.bundle seem to cause black screen or one grey screen and one black screen with verbose messages. I have tried GraphicsEnabler with both Yes and No (with and without graphics drivers in S/L/E) I have tried to add the device id to all the nvidia related kexts. I have tried to add a EFI graphics string to the chameleon boot plist. With GE=no i go through verbose and everything seems to load but then monitors go into powersave black screen. The EFI string doesnt give me QE/CI. I am not sure what I am missing or what I have not done. I may be missing something simple. Also for more information I know that in verbose mode the two nvidia drivers i see loading is the NVDAStartup (first) and the NVDAGF100Hal. However when I check system info extensions in the booted system. the kext it shows as loaded is the NVDAResman.

Any help or suggestions on what I have missed, what I have not tried or what I am doing wrong would be Greatly appreciated. My biggest need is QE/CI. However, the minor issues of less than gigabit connection or USB cameras and portable HDDs would be great too. Thank you to anyone who may be able to suggest anything to help..

I have also found that PCIRootUID=0 is the only way it boots into the GUI. PCIRootUID=1 goes through verbose and goes to black screen (with the system possibly running due to HDD activity. I have tried the Kexts from the Niresh 10.8.5 DVD and those do not work. I have to re-find and download a GeForce kext due to removing the one I had from S/L/E. I actually think it is in the downloads folder. It does not give me QE/CI, but the system seems to work better with the GeForce kext.  The GeForceGA.plugin & GeforceGLDriver.bundle & The GeForceVADriver.bundle seem to cause black screen or one grey screen and one black screen with verbose messages. 

I have tried many kernels amd64, amd, amd32, amd_kernel. and although the sytem may be more responsive with some of these kernels than it is with others, all of them get me to dual monitor, full resolution but no QE/CI. I have only tried the Chameleon boot-loader, I am not sure about the effectiveness of changing my boot-loader (I also don't want to break my install with the wrong boot-loader). I even tried to take out the video card and use the onboard graphics (which disable and are greyed out if I have the video card installed). That did not work either.

Is there a better bootlaoder for qe/ci for my AMD system with no ahci and an nvidia Geforce GT620

Nvidia kexts from mavericks didnt break the system but also did not change anything. I changed them back to ML kexts. I have also noted that the NVDAStartup and NVDAGF100Hal.kext are the only kexts to ever load in the verbose screen... I plead to the GURUs EXperts and demigods of OSX86 including niresh to help me learn what I am doing wrong or what I am missing :D

Any further request will be in the Mavericks area. My qe/ci problem was solved by going to a mavericks install GE=y