WiFi suggestion
2 2

Question

Hello, i'm have installed Maverick and all works fine, except my WiFi usb adapter, can anyone please suggest me a network adapter that works with Maverick and my computer (from amazon Europe, USB or internal)?

for now i'm connected with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (USB Thetering), but i need a working network adapter, if is native supported is better, and if works also with the new OS X is a plus point.

My budget is €15-20, but if you find something with different price is ok too, the important things must work without problem (no disconnection or crash)

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

do you have a laptop and does the pc have pci or pci express or pci express ini?

If you are using a PC, not a laptop, I would suggest the TP-Link-WDN4800. It is a PCI Express card, so make sure your computer has one free. It worked for me straight out of the box, no kexts needed, and it is definitely a strong card with good connection.

do you have a laptop and does the pc have pci or pci express or pci express ini?

Hi, nope is a Desktop computer, attached a photo of my free slot, i think is all PCI and maybe one PCI Express

If you are using a PC, not a laptop, I would suggest the TP-Link-WDN4800. It is a PCI Express card, so make sure your computer has one free. It worked for me straight out of the box, no kexts needed, and it is definitely a strong card with good connection.

I'm not sure is a PCI-Express slot the one in the photo, i never use it to be honest, always used PCI, if you want to check :)

Thanks.

post-62085-0-37266100-1404773351_thumb.j

The dark blue port at the top of the photo you attached labelled 'PCIEX1_2' is your PCIe port, where you could install the wireless card I suggested above, and it should work fine with your system. It works on OS X and most Linux distros (Ubuntu confirmed) with no software installation such as drivers or kexts. For Windows you need to use the mini CD included to install drivers.

The dark blue port at the top of the photo you attached labelled 'PCIEX1_2' is your PCIe port, where you could install the wireless card I suggested above, and it should work fine with your system. It works on OS X and most Linux distros (Ubuntu confirmed) with no software installation such as drivers or kexts. For Windows you need to use the mini CD included to install drivers.

Hi, can i buy it without problem from any website/store? there is no different chipset model or similar for this wifi card right?

Thanks

If you type the exact name of it (TP-Link-WDN4800), you should find the exact one in any store/website, but I know for sure the Amazon one works ok.

Hi, i sended you a PM, thanks for your help.