installed Niresh 10.9 using haswell patch but i cant boot
2 2

Question

hello niresh community,

im new here , so i will get straight to problem,

i downloaded the niresh 10.9 usb image and burnt it to a 16gb verbatim stick (wich apparently shows no issues) ,

i tried to boot from the niresh and i failed many times before i did some research and then realized that i needed a mach_kernel patch for haswell, so i did patch my usb installer and it booted like a charm ,

i installed with defaults options on a fresh formatted 1 partition msata 128 ssd and the installation went good, but after the restart i tried to boot from the new installed niresh 10.9 os and once i press enter to select the bootdrive and it shows the apple logo for like a flash then reboots, so ive tried to copy the patched mach_kernel replacing the original one on my installed os70 drive and still no luck, please any tip would be helpful

my rig :

i7 4770K(cooled with h100i)

msi z87-gd65 gaming

32gb (4x8gb) G.Skill trident x 2400mhz cas 10

msata hynix HDS128G3AMNM 128gb SSD

corsair force ls 240 gb

2x seagate barracuda 2 to on raid0

2x msi gtx 780 ti gaming (sli)

EVGA Supernova 1000G2

2 answers to this question

after the apple logo flashed did u let it keep running on its own and try to boot again all legacy kernal fresh installs do the "flash then reboot" the first time u try to boot up, if so then boot with -x or -v or -v -x ,ect

-edit sorry half asleep i thought it said legacy_kernal my bad. try booting with boot flags. as shown up above

after the apple logo flashed did u let it keep running on its own and try to boot again all legacy kernal fresh installs do the "flash then reboot" the first time u try to boot up, if so then boot with -x or -v or -v -x ,ect

-edit sorry half asleep i thought it said legacy_kernal my bad. try booting with boot flags. as shown up above

after some research i found out i needed to patch the flash of my z87-gd65 using UEFIPatch , and then reinstalled using some custom thingies i cant remember on the install customization menu then all went good , also i had to delete GraphicsEnabler=No after installing and activating the nvidia drivers in order to get my 780 tis working, so thanks for ur reply and if anyone wondering around please use the verbose mode (-v) to understand the problem and never lose hope there might be just a slight detail which sets u apart from having ur hackintosh