Will this laptop work with Mavericks and/or Yosemite?
1 1

Question

Hi, this is a laptop from Acer that's going to be released shortly and I was wondering if it would be compatible with Niresh Mavericks or Yosemite when it comes out. The reason why I am getting this laptop is because it's only $350, but with my discount (Amazon Prime) I get it for $300. I already have a 128gb SSD to replace the onboard 32gb SSD so I will have more storage for OS X. I have had experience with hackintoshing before with 10.5.8 and 10.6, but it seems hackintosh has gotten a lot harder since.

• Intel Core i3-4005U 1.7 GHz (3 MB Cache)
  • 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM
  • 32 GB Solid-State Drive
  • 11.6-Inch Screen, Intel HD Graphics 4400
  • Chrome OS, 8.5-hour battery life

And, one more thing... It runs Chrome OS, I know how to boot into the Niresh installer on a ChromeBook because my friend showed me how to do it on his chromebook. I'm not going to get into details here but all you have to do is enable developer mode and press CTRL+D to boot into USB.

If I do install Mac on here, would it run good? I've heard that it runs pretty good with Core i3 and HD 4400, I'm not going to do anything extreme on it, because I have a MacBook Pro for that.

Link to the laptop: here.

2 answers to this question

Link to the laptop: here.

I think it IS indeed possible, however i have no idea because i have been informed it needs a bios/efi replacement to install all the OS's (the information i got was that they had a special bios in place that doesn't allow certain features to be used).

So yeah ill go dig around for some stuff and reply back soon.

1 person likes this

Wow, thank you for the reply, I thought no one was going to! There is a thing called SeaBios that is built into the bios chips that is the same as a regular PC bios, just enter "crossystem dev_boot_usb=1 dev_boot_legacy=1" into the bash shell in Chrome OS. Then you can press CTRL + L at startup to boot SeaBios into usb. Chameleon should work because it's exactly like a regular bios in a laptop. I pretty much have all the info I need, but extra information is always helpful. When the Chromebook comes out I will post my success/failure here.  :D

Edit: Wikipedia page for SeaBios here: SeaBios