Custom Built Desktop Black Screen After Logo
1 1

Question

Hi, this is my last resort to ask everyone to kindly help me. 

I successfully created a USB bootable with Niresh Movericks inside, and all I've been getting are black screens after logo and then it restarts itself.

I've tried many boot flags such as -f -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0,1,2,3,4,5 ncpi=0x3000 but still the same, except it doesn't go into apple logo screen and just restarts.

My specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770

Mobo: AsRock Z87 Pro4

Ram: 2x4 GB Sticks (8 GB of ram)

Primary Storage: SSD Samsung 128 GB

Secondary Storage: WD 1TB 7200 RPM

Please let me know if you need any other information, I've also tried using myHack and the same results applied. Thank you for reading.

4 answers to this question

add bootarg: xpcm-free

1 person likes this

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that and let you know the results!

add bootarg: xpcm-free

After all this time trying to get a glimpse at the installation screen for the past few years I've finally been able to get through it. Thank you so much, now another problem occurs. When installer asks me to choose a disk to install Mavericks to, both disks that show claims to "not have enough space". Is there something that I missed?

EDIT: NVM, after a little bit of searching the net, I've found a solution using disk utilities. Again thank you so much. Now I just have to hope it boots fine after installation as well as drivers.

Sorry for triple posting. I'm happy to say that I'm replying to this thread using my successfully installed and booted Hackintosh, but I've got no idea where to start to find the drivers. Any one can share their knowledge with me?

1 person likes this