Boot 0 error and network issue.
1 1

Question

Hi Niresh,

First of thank you for giving such a revolution for creating mac os for PC. 

I am new in this. I have just installed MAC OS 10.8 lion in my Gigabyte, i5 system by someone. Its working perfectly except the few below issues:

1. Boot 0 error.  Giving boot 0 error. Please suggest, how I can resolve this as this. Provide me any software package to install directly as I am not good in this.

2. I am using netsetter to connect internet. It installed by not detecting network. Please suggest, what can I do.

3. Display performance : The mac os 10.8.1 display is detecting only 768 x 1024 pixel screen. Could you please suggest. What I can do fix this issue.

Best Regards,

Surendra

3 answers to this question

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Its really amazing!!

1. I deployed the netsetter application in the MAC, the connecting window open but no network. It works perfectly on Windows 7.

2. I am using GIGABYTE motherboard (GA-B75M-D3H) for Pentium i5 3rd generation processor with 8 GB of RAM. 

Also, I have installed the MAC OS in 2nd hard drive. To MAC & WINDOWS, I Have to switch hard drive connectivity everytime, Is it possible, if I can connect both hard drives and just select the choice to use OS either Windows or MAC. Please suggest.

Again, thanks for all your help on this :)

Regards,

Surendra

Alright the hard drive part is the easy one.
You just need to go to the UEFI ( more commonly know as the bios) and set it to boot from the hard drive you installed Mac first.
This because it has the Chameleon boot loader and it can detected Both operating systems and allows you to choose between both OS's when they turn on.

As for the net setter application you need to call your ISP or the net setter support centre so they can help you set it up, i suppose you installed the required Kexts for your network device (be it wired or wireless), if not you only need to go to the gigabyte website and check which ethernet chip it uses and use one of the post installation tools to install the kext, the same goes for the wireless adaptor you need to check the manufacturers website to know what chipset it is to install it using a post installation tool.

As for the integrated graphics card i need to know the series , is it sandy bridge , Ivy Bridge Or Haswell.