Custom Built Desktop Hackintosh Drivers
1 1

Question

Hi, I'm happy to say that I have a successfully installed Mac OS X Mavericks on my custom PC. However, it's just that, as of now everything is very slow and very laggy. It's like it has no graphics card installed at all or maybe even worse. Opening Safari's new tab will make the whole window blink infinitely which makes it lag really hard. Wondering if this is an driver issue?

Where should I start to download all the drivers?

UPDATE 1: I've located a Nvidia Icon and I face palmed myself for not locating that earlier. It gave me an option between the Apple Graphics Card or my Nvidia Graphics card, and now my FPS is fine and smooth.

The only problem now is the sounds, if I can get that working then I'm good to go (hopefully).

My sound has not been working at all.

UPDATE 2: I've just realized that my sound was working after all, but not "working" as I would like it to. It's working, but that's an overstatement, it's producing very, very, very, very! low sound output. To the point where I can barely hear it at max volume, when I say barely I mean to the point where I mistook the sound to not work at all.

Is there a fix for this really low sound bug?

My specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770

Mobo: AsRock Z87 Pro4

Ram: 2x4 GB Sticks (8 GB of ram)

Primary Storage: SSD Samsung 250 GB

Secondary Storage: WD 1TB 7200 RPM

Thanks for reading!

2 answers to this question

@KradonZ1 Please mention the os x version that you're currently on

whats the kext that you're using to get sound working ?

@KradonZ1 Please mention the os x version that you're currently on

whats the kext that you're using to get sound working ?

Oh sorry, I'm running OS X Mavericks from Niresh, and I'm using ALC892 since that's the driver listed on my motherboard. 

BUT! I don't know how, I once again installed ALC892 using Multibeast and even downloaded another kext from insanelymac which is also 892. Both didn't work upon restart, and I also downloaded voodooHDA 2.8.4, restarted, and still didn't work. So I gave up that night and went to sleep, however, upon opening my computer sound magically starts working with reasons I don't know what.

I'm also planning to install OS X Yosemite, do you think it's a good idea?

Thanks for replying to my thread, thank you for reading!