Updating from 10.9 to 10.9.4, how to proceed?
3 3

Question

Hello, I have a working Hackintosh on 10.9 right now using Niresh's distro, and I wonder what are the steps that I need to take in order to update to 10.9.4 without any issues. I have a fairly compatible build which you can see here http://valid.x86.fr/66qut7

Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

Just do an update via Software Update, after the update you need to reinstall your Audio and Video kext. If you have wifi you need to reinstall that kext too. Good Luck

Its a straight forward update.

Just check for updates and App Store will update Niresh Mavericks 10.9.0 to 10.9.4.

You may or may not have to install few kext after the update.

Hi, I just updated and I have an issue. After I updated it rebooted and it was fine. Everything was working except my video, so I installed it again from the same installation as I did before ( using this http://www.hackintoshosx.com/file/3711-amd-radeon-r9-270-series/ ) and now when I rebooted to finish the installation of the driver this happened:

Ondp5u0.jpg

Can someone help me with that error? I tried using slide=0, but nothing happened. :(

How can I update Kext? How does that work? I'm looking for one update for it. There's nothing on the app... I'm lost :(

@

Try booting with -f & -x and if it went through then remove the kext you installed for video.

Rebuild the cache and try booting with -v and see if there are any further errors.

You can also boot to single user mode to remove the kext.

Also not all kext are compatible with all version of OS X and hence you may need to find the kext which is compatible with your version of OS X.