Can I install OS X 10.10 on my laptop?
1 1

Question

Hi I'm new on here and in the world of hack (as well lol) I was looking for a post about the laptops but I couldn't find it, I post below my specs.

ASUS X53U

CPU (AMD C-60 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.00 GHz)

Graphic Card (AMD Radeon HD 6290)

Motherboard Chipset (AMD K12 IMC)

Wlan (Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter)

Ethernet (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller)

Audio Card (Altec Lansing Speakers)

Let me know if more info needed thanks.

13 answers to this question

No you can't, because you are using an AMD cpu, you can install the niresh distro tho. You CPU, graphics,wifi,ethernet are supported. You need to post the audio chipset (no the speakers type) so that i can see if they are compatible.

1 person likes this

No you can't, because you are using an AMD cpu, you can install the niresh distro tho. You CPU, graphics,wifi,ethernet are supported. You need to post the audio chipset (no the speakers type) so that i can see if they are compatible.

Hi thanks for your reply, Realtek audio, where I can find the niresh distro and please is there any guide how to install, thanks.

I do my best I started to read and I will you know how will go, thanks anyway.

Hi I read, downloaded and installed, but when the computer rebooted, but is stucked on the apple screenshot and wont boot up, any suggestions please, by the way, reading the guide when I installed I've a doubt I wrote amd -v looking at mine specs should I put amd64? Thanks.

try amdfx, and did you select the right options in the customise option in the installer?

Edited by sloeberGJ
1 person likes this

try amdfx, and did you select the right options in the customise option in the installer?

So I need to re-install all and put amdfx with or without -v?

And about option what you mean can you explain please, thanks.

no, first try to add bootarg amdfx, if you pc than doesnt boot reinstall and make sure to select bootloader and amd kernel + the rest that you think is neccesary

1 person likes this

Can you tell me how to add the amdfx boot please.

I re-installed again but no luck, then I was reading and I found out that as boot loader I'm using iboot but apparently for AMD (with mavericks 10.9)  the loader to use is chameleon, but there are few out there can you point me a good one please and also is good for a 64bit? Thanks.

chameleon works with amd, and is also 64bit. 

1 person likes this

chameleon works with amd, and is also 64bit. 

I try this with my computer. So if I use an intel which one I should use it? If I can I've another question, I know that multibeast is used for kexts, but you need to choose them, is there any other program that scan your computer and search for the best kexts to install? Thanks.

No, since hardware without driver wont show up. You could try macpoison from this forum, but i think you have to manaully select it too. In you case, dont forget the amd kernel