Building the own bootable DVD installer images
1 1

I try to build the own bootable DVD images with OS X installers and found some serious problems with way to create ISO file.

OS X system binaries have a utility for do it named 'hdiutil'.

This software contains special command for including boot sector in ISO images but thats all deprecated. With command 'El Torito' boot we can add the boot sector(e.g. cdboot from chameleon bootloader package) and create the disk.

In present days most of installers intended for USB flash drive ways but i'd like to use optical disks. Most of old cdboot files is to old for new hardware and disks created with that is to stupid. It's real boot images and chimerachameleon 'boot' file work correct but loading process crash after timer line is out.

Have any ideas how to create a boot DVD? I have a system and i have an installer but i can't write the working disk.

What CDBOOT sectors i can use to do the Ivy Bridge and Haswell compatible installer images? We really can build boot DVD images with OS X installer fast and simple but all of new installers intended to flash.

Have any ideas? Can we "respawn" old 'cdboot' style in new installers versions for Sandy, Ivy and Haswell?

In experimental bootable flash drive cropped OS X system with only x86_64 architecture, languages and minimal functioning software it's have only 2-2.5Gb disk space ... and it is a format of small(13 size) optical DVD circle.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet