Cannot Boot into Installer (AMD)
1 1

Question

Hello everybody, I have a slight problem with booting the installer for OS X Mavericks.  I type in the boot flag: amd -v -x.

I have tried many many combinations but it keeps getting stuck at "Previous Shutdown Cause: 5" or a kernel panic straight after it says Previous Shutdown.

Also, the installer loads up on my other HP AMD Laptop (Different from this one) with no problem.

Here are my specs: (HP Pavilion G6-1220SA) 

Product Name g6-1220sa Product Number A3B46EA Microprocessor 1.5 GHz AMD Quad-Core A8-3500M with Radeon HD 6620G Discreet-Class Graphics Microprocessor Cache 4 MB L2 cache Memory 6 GB DDR3 Memory Max Upgradeable to 6 GB DDR3 Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6620G Discreet-Class (up to 2.98 GB) Display 39,6 cm (15,6") High-Definition LED BrightView Display (1366 x 768) Hard Drive 1 TB SATA (5400 rpm) Multimedia Drive SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support Network Card Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN Wireless Connectivity 802.11 b/g/n Sound Altec Lansing speakers Keyboard Full size island-style keyboard with home roll keys Pointing Device TouchPad supporting Multi-Touch gestures with On/Off button PC Card Slots Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards, Multimedia cards External Ports
  • 1 VGA
  • 1 headphone-out
  • 1 microphone-in
  • 3 USB 2.0
  • 1 RJ45
Dimensions 37.4 x 24.5 x 3.63 cm Weight Starting at 2.55 kg Power 65W AC Power Adapter

6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) What's In The Box Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone (VGA)

Here is a video of the problem: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5PZp4F0PKw

Thanks in advance :)

1 answer to this question

Could you get a clear picture of your screen when it locks up aswell? As the video is nice but is near impossible to make out the text.

Taken From MacBreakers AMD Graphics card sometimes need to also use PCIRootUID=0

PCIRootUID=1
Some Hackintoshes will only boot when their "PCI Root ID" is set to 0. This usually happens with Hackintoshes that use a AMD Radeon graphics card. Other times, a Hackintosh will only boot when its "PCI Root ID" is set to 1. In some cases, the boot flag "PCIRootUID=1" will also fix Mac App Store verification errors.

Edit:

Here's another you could try

cpus=1
Limits Mac OS X to using one core of your CPU. This boot flag is often necessary to launch the Mac OS X Snow Leopard installation DVD on a Hackintosh with an unsupported processor (ahem, AMD processors). In OS X Mountain Lion and Mavericks, you may also have to use this boot flag if your computer uses a high-end Intel processor on LGA 2011.