Can't boot without USB Installer
2 2

Question

Hi Guys !

Im getting mad right now, i tried so many solutions to fix the "boot0 : done" message... Not "boot0: error etc" only "done".

My windows is installed on my SSD and OSX on my HDD (2 partition : data and osx)

So actually I tried this method : http://www.hackintosh.zone/osx86.html/hackintosh/articles/how-to/how-to-fix-the-boot0-error-for-your-hackintosh-r25

But it didn't work because in the terminal, it said "no such file or directory". The USB name was the good one... so i gave up.

So i tried some stuff with chameleon wizard with boot0md but didn't work also (bizarre because it said use this if youre OS X is installed in an other disk than windows, which is my case)

If someone have some ideas because now Im starting to be really stuck....

Spec :

Intel Core i7-4700MQ (Quad-Core 2.4 GHz)

8 GO DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M

Intel HD4000 Integrated Graphic

HDD 750 Go + SSD 128Go

Cheers 

4 answers to this question

have same issue but after installing chameleon v 2.2 and there after installed chimera from tonymac and it booted without usb....i have samsung lap with i5

I've read before that you can get this error as its trying to boot from some other device, have you tried unplugging everything that isn't needed?

Edit: Ahh you're on a laptop too, so it could be the card reader

You could try the boot0:error fix, as I can't see that creating more issues.

I figured out guys :)

To be honest, it was a mess... I actually don't know what fixed my problem. But I think it's this :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/22844-how-to-setting-your-partition-active-using-fdisk-in-macosx/

So I made my partition Active, and it didn't worked. I went to my Windows, and with a partition software, I changed the OX Partition to Primary (it was the only thing I could do)

Just to be sure, I advise to go back to OSX with USB Installer after this, and then reinstall the bootloader.

Hope it will helps people !

1 person likes this