Video

Question

I have an ati 7770 which seems to be supported under Mavericks with no kext required.  However, video is very buggy and sluggish.  Things such as maximizing windows or changing a graphics setting can freeze up the machine.  Is there anyway to fix this?

Also, the card I have supports up to four monitors.  I have three connected, and mavericks recognizes all three of those.  However, I can only seem to get video on one of the screens.  One screen has full video, and another screen gets signal and turns on, but it is only a black signal.  The third monitor stays powered off.  Is there anything I do doing wrong, I do not have it in the "mirror" mode.  Maybe I am missing something?

9 answers to this question

Another question, is bad graphics performance normal among most hackintosh machines, or is this something out of the ordinary?

Same to me, got Lagg and buggy animations... (Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT 1GB)

No, I never figured out why this is.  I would love to really start using the hackintosh, but with large video issues like this it's not really practical.

No, I never figured out why this is. I would love to really start using the hackintosh, but with large video issues like this it's not really practical.

i like this comment. Really, is not practical. Too much buggy os.

Nah.  I keep checking back to see if someone has posted a suggestion and look for similar threads.  Really no answer as far as I can tell.  Looks like I have to stay with Windows, uhhh.  I really like the OS, but I am not willing to buy highly overpriced apple hardware just to run the software.  Why did work have to introduce me to the Mac OS, I was content on windows before I knew how well the Mac side works.

Same to me, got Lagg and buggy animations... (Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT 1GB)

Check kexts and patches, my 9500GT works fine.