Guide to real update 10.9.x (AMD / INTEL) Needed!
3 3

Question

Great job with regard to the installation of 10.9.0 but if you try to do an update every man for himself, would a REAL guide .. I'll explain my problem 

With the basic version there are no problems, I did the 10.9.1 update (combo because I crashed at startup) and everything went well, I only had to repair permissions (before installation to security) I did not need to touch kernel or kext, there is no need!

From here on, the war. 

I personally being "Newbie" I do not understand some passages 

My setup is this 

AMD Phenom 2 X4 - 3,42 GHZ 
4GB DDR3 RAM  1333 MHZ
SEAGATE 1 TB 
ZOTAC GTX 550 TI 1536 MB
MOTHERBOARD ASUS M5A78 L

first problem 

In the area there are two types of downloads Kernel for AMD, one of Niresh, uploaded, and one more recently (but it would appear the same) user DeeKayy. 

Niresh 

DeeKayy 

Which do you choose? Both are badged 2.1 .. 

BUT! Googling, there is a more updated version, the 2.3 directly to this link: 

Even this is "universal" and it should also work with 10.9.4! 

Someone knew something? He tried it? 

Now I ask you kindly to explain to perform the update and when and how should I replace the AMD Kernel 

At the helm is written that before the restart of the update, you must replace Kernel (hidden, but made ​​visible by the terminal and then again invisible) and replaced Kext always manually from the Extensions folder. 

I was never clear on that point, when I start the update and then get to a point where it asks me to RESTART START installation, I have to replace the files before this reboot? 

Better to install an 'update time (since it worked well for me), or do the COMBO? It came to my mind that maybe the 10.9.1 combo works from, could it?

Why I may have misunderstood me, I repeat, being Newbie, but the Hackintosh world fascinates me a lot and I really want to understand more! ;)

I hope you manage to help me remember that I now have a fully functional 10.9.1!

6 answers to this question

Almost forgot ... It 's clear that it will be yet another user who wonders why there are no guides about the attached files you offer for download. 

I hope that those who know how it works or those who understand, can make a functioning for all users, as Niresh is compatible with virtually any system, or almost! It would be a shame to "get lost" in these little things ;)

Have fun! 

I am ready to try this...can you please share tips etc.

Sort of nervous dont want to screw my system up.

With my setup the update from 10.9.0 to 10.9.1 has been successful WITHOUT having to replace the kernel or kext, I just repaired permissions once restarted. 

We should do the tests from this point, with the kext and kernel linked .. 

In my opinion those for 10.9.4 n are not stable at all and only work if you are lucky, you might try to do the update from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2, before rebooting to START the installation, replace the files that find here: 

"If You Are Using Mavericks 10.9.x Then Just Copy and System.kext Sandbox.kext Which Are Included in the zip and Paste in the Extensions Folder and Repair Permissions With Disk Utility or Kext Utility.app ...!" 

To replace just open the Kext Utility, Installation and select the two files. (make sure you have checked System / Library / Extensions) 

From what I understand the kernel should NOT be touched if you have the 10.9.X, but if you DO NOT replacing crashes, you should also try replacing the kernel, in this case you have to make it visible (because it is hidden and is usually located where there is the 'OSX) terminal by sending the command 

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles-bool true 

The file mckay_kernel, rename it mach_kernel, and replace it with what you have, then this command from the terminal to hide files 

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles-bool false 

If all goes well, there are the following update SINGLE (because if you make the right combo and crashes do not understand where is the error), and the process is always the same: 

Start update 
Before you begin the installation RESTART replace files Xext and IF CRASHES, please ALSO procedure and replace the Kernel 

Hopefully someone face these trials, perhaps having a backup in order to restore it quickly and try other ways. 

I hope I was helpful. :)

Can this apply to 10.8? Back up the kernel and specified kexts before updating and after update finishes you replace them back?

Can this apply to 10.8? Back up the kernel and specified kexts before updating and after update finishes you replace them back?

For those who have AMD have to download the packages linked to the version you want to run (10.9.1/2/3/4) .. For those who have the Intel the operation should be simple and work like you said .. 

I also discovered that my process of post written above, does not work because BEFORE the reboot, if you replace files are then overwritten by 'update ... 

Therefore you should apply the files to a second boot to Windows, replace and rename them, and then boot OSX and repair permissions from Bootable CD/USB Installation Niresh.. (Disk Utility) 

Except that I do not have a second partition to test it .. 

Obviously these are all details that I find googling on OSx86, tony, hackintosh etc. .. I'm doing various tests to see how to write a decent update guide's

Anyone can do these tests?

For those who have AMD have to download the packages linked to the version you want to run (10.9.1/2/3/4) .. For those who have the Intel the operation should be simple and work like you said .. 

I also discovered that my process of post written above, does not work because BEFORE the reboot, if you replace files are then overwritten by 'update ... 

Therefore you should apply the files to a second boot to Windows, replace and rename them, and then boot OSX and repair permissions from Bootable CD/USB Installation Niresh.. (Disk Utility) 

Except that I do not have a second partition to test it .. 

Obviously these are all details that I find googling on OSx86, tony, hackintosh etc. .. I'm doing various tests to see how to write a decent update guide's

Anyone can do these tests?

I found out a valid way to update without breaking the system. Worked with 10.8.5 going onto the Supplemental update 1.0

A10-6800K

8Gb 1600Mhz

8400GS 512Mb

FM2-A75IA-E53