Bootloader Replace.
2 2

Question

Hallo, first of all sorry for my bad english, i only speek german.

I've installed Niresh 10.9 on my pc and it works very well, but i wanted to replace the installed bootloader with clover, what i have to watch for? I dont know how to install clover. I allready installed it but then i had "Boot1: Error" because of the other bootloader.

So i want to know how to remove the old bootloader and how to replace it with Clover.

My spec's

Motherboard: F2A85-M LE

CPU: AMD A8-6600K

Grafik: Radeon HD7700

RAM: 10 GB

Greetz from Austria.

9 answers to this question

download latest Clover revision and Installed pkg nothing else to todo ..

Happy hackintoshing :)

1 person likes this

I have done this allready yesterday and became boot1: error. Why i have this error?

due 4k hdd limit read here is lots of guide regarding this error also refer to Most common problems in Hackintosh article 

Good Luck :)

So i've solved the boot1:error problem but i have a new error. After boot Os x i get a black screen how can i solve this problem?

configure your Config.plist enable Graphics AMD ,

your Graphics is not enabled it seems 

So it would be better to keep Niresh 10.9.0 Chameleon installed, or install Chimera from MultiBeast? 

In case you want to change BootLoader I have to delete the file (xext) and then proceed to Build with MB? Especially now that I want to install a dual boot with Windows I wanted to know what was the best .. 

Sorry if I have stepped in! ;)

First of all if you want to change / Replace / Update process is same in all terms you need nothing to just have to install bootloader file (piece of software eg. Clover.pkg or Chameleon.pkg ) This softwares will do replacing Old files with new and making a Backup of Old files in system ,you can use these files too in Case you need it.

Question of Best Bootloader for Hackintosh is can't be answered by anyone Chameleon is Most popular from past to Present but Clover is getting it Fame and able to serve Future but clover is not easy to handle by noobs .Chimera is just ripped of Version of Chameleon nothing else (use google if need more info ) .

Bootloader doesnt contains xext or kext files it has their binaries called as Boot ,boot1h etc ..

for Best Dual Booting depends upon you which is easiest to understand for you ..

Either you can use my Guides of Dual with Clover and Chameleon .

Best of Luck 

Best Regards 

Deepak

1 person likes this

First of all if you want to change / Replace / Update process is same in all terms you need nothing to just have to install bootloader file (piece of software eg. Clover.pkg or Chameleon.pkg ) This softwares will do replacing Old files with new and making a Backup of Old files in system ,you can use these files too in Case you need it.

Question of Best Bootloader for Hackintosh is can't be answered by anyone Chameleon is Most popular from past to Present but Clover is getting it Fame and able to serve Future but clover is not easy to handle by noobs .Chimera is just ripped of Version of Chameleon nothing else (use google if need more info ) .

Bootloader doesnt contains xext or kext files it has their binaries called as Boot ,boot1h etc ..

for Best Dual Booting depends upon you which is easiest to understand for you ..

Either you can use my Guides of Dual with Clover and Chameleon .

Best of Luck 

Best Regards 

Deepak

At this point I remain with Chameleon installed base? Niresh 10.9.0 since I have not needed to do a particular process .. 

I 's hard drive 1TB divided into two parts, one with the OS and the other is simply a partition where the archive file.

I would like to take some of the GB partitions and create one for Windows 7, just I do not know how to create a bootable USB from Mac HardDisk or much less how to do everything else ..

Can I follow the guide then?

when using a guide you will get Brief what to do with partition or haw many parition required for dual booting ,

1 person likes this