AMD 7850HD + Color Issue
1 1

Question

Hey guys!

I just finished installing OSX Mavericks on my computer with the following specs:

OSX Mavericks 10.9.4
Intel i5 3450 3.2 GHz

Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H
8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Sapphire ATI Radeon 7850HD 2GB

ASUS DRW-24B5ST

My Boot list has the following flags:

GraphicsEnabler = No
PCIRoot = 0
UseKernelCache = Yes

GeneratePStates/GenerateCStates = Yes

Thanks to the immensely helpful guides on the forum, I finally have a working Hackintosh system. However, I'd like your help on 2 issues:

1. My AMD card shows up as AMD Radeon HD 7xxx instead of 7850HD. Using ioreg | grep ATY in the Terminal shows that the RadeonFrameBuffer is in use, instead of the proper one (Although I'm able to utilise the card fully with QE/CI as confirmed by the ripple test).

1406569125__ioreg__grep.png

1406568927__config.png

I'm unable to boot with GraphicsEnabler = Yes and because of that the ATIConfig flag is rendered useless. If I boot with GE = Yes, I get the 0xdeadbeef (Memory Allocation Error) error. So if someone could suggest me a fix for this thing, it would be really helpful. Also, since I'm using an HDMI Connection, I think that the audio might not be working because the FrameBuffer hasn't loaded properly, but if someone can shed some light on that as well, it would be totally awesome.

2. My display is having some weird colour issues. I've attached a couple of screenshots below. Basically, it looks like that the colours are bleeding. I don't know if it's related to the FrameBuffer issue, but please help me out on this one. Initially, when my Hackintosh wasn't detecting my GPU (7850HD), the colours were perfect with the spdisplays_display monitor. But after I upgraded to 10.9.4 (as it has inbuilt kexts for my GPU), this problem started. Here are the screenshots:

1406569494__4.png

1406569607__1.png

I would really appreciate some help on the above issues.

Thanks a bunch!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet