Yosemite Public Beta Hackintosh
8 8

Question

So, I'm sure many of you recieved the news of the public release of Yosemite Beta. This is the newest version up to date for Yosemite and is no longer in developer preview anymore. Is there anyway to make this bootable in a USB?

18 answers to this question

Method is still same for Public beta ,if you are looking for MacPwn usb installer Niresh is working on it ,you will get this soon .

its still in development so cant say anything untill the Final release ,but lots of users has installed Yosemite DP's works fine ..

Why is it called Beta 1 in the Appstore?

Is it like Developer Preview 1 or is it like DP 4 or even better?

coz its Beta for public not restricted only to Devlopers 

DP are only for Developers  .

Beta1 its first release 1 shows other version will also be introduce like Beta2 ,3 ,4 else

i'm definite it better than DP4 cuz i have not tested public Beta i will share result asap 

ok i tried yosemite on my netbook acer d260 i get a black screen how do i test it out if im stuck on tht error

Black screen always due to Graphics so try to use those settings you have used in Mavericks ,

ok no i testd out mavricks on my netbook last mnth, but i get a blck screen error my graphics is a gma 3150, but niresh 10.8.5 wrks on my netbook acer d260

I did manage to install yosemite public beta 1 on Acer Aspirex3900 using MacPwn for DP4 and clover. I had to Rename the downloaded yosemite beta application as "Install OS X 10.10 Developer Preview.app". I manually copy FakeMSC and Nullcpupower to S/L/E of installer manually. Place voodooHDA 2.8.6 and intel ethernet e1000 kext in kext folder on MacPwn folder on desktop when I made installer. Audio is low volume. The rest are fine. Graphic is better than Mavericks. Slight Lagging is noticed.PS2kb doesn't work even with voodoops2kext.

ok no i testd out mavricks on my netbook last mnth, but i get a blck screen error my graphics is a gma 3150, but niresh 10.8.5 wrks on my netbook acer d260

coz GMA is not supported in Mavericks so refer to Hackintosh Compatibilty List get more view on this .

I did manage to install yosemite public beta 1 on Acer Aspirex3900 using MacPwn for DP4 and clover. I had to Rename the downloaded yosemite beta application as "Install OS X 10.10 Developer Preview.app". I manually copy FakeMSC and Nullcpupower to S/L/E of installer manually. Place voodooHDA 2.8.6 and intel ethernet e1000 kext in kext folder on MacPwn folder on desktop when I made installer. Audio is low volume. The rest are fine. Graphic is better than Mavericks. Slight Lagging is noticed.PS2kb doesn't work even with voodoops2kext.

better if you use Patched AppleHDA kext use Macpois0n ,also try latest VoodooHDA in it .

give try to vanilla ps/2 kext by apple in beta so we can observe better

1 person likes this

Im trying the whole week.

today morning I just installed Yosemite using MacPwn, but when restart and boot from usb to choose my HD installation i select whitout load injected kext and verbose screen appear but stuck after 30 sec.

I tried using clover USB installer, USB chameleon and other but doesnt work, just today MacPwn but i can't boot after installation.

my mackintosh is:

1st. SSD 128 Gb Kingston with OSX maverick 10.9.1 as default os and a second partition created for use Yosemite Public Beta.

2nd. HD WD with windows 8 , time machine.

CPU: haswell core i3 4340

MB: GA-Z87M-D3H

16GB DDR3 RAM 1333mhz

GraphicsCard: integrated Intel HD 4600 with hdmi output.

monitor: 24 inchs HDMI ASUS

mouse klip streme wireless , keyboard Logitec k750, Logitec Trackpad T651 for mac.

Im trying the whole week.

today morning I just installed Yosemite using MacPwn, but when restart and boot from usb to choose my HD installation i select whitout load injected kext and verbose screen appear but stuck after 30 sec.

I tried using clover USB installer, USB chameleon and other but doesnt work, just today MacPwn but i can't boot after installation.

my mackintosh is:

1st. SSD 128 Gb Kingston with OSX maverick 10.9.1 as default os and a second partition created for use Yosemite Public Beta.

2nd. HD WD with windows 8 , time machine.

CPU: haswell core i3 4340

MB: GA-Z87M-D3H

16GB DDR3 RAM 1333mhz

GraphicsCard: integrated Intel HD 4600 with hdmi output.

monitor: 24 inchs HDMI ASUS

mouse klip streme wireless , keyboard Logitec k750, Logitec Trackpad T651 for mac.

Hi.

finally a get boot from HD yosemite, but in first screen when appear countries, mouse, keyboard and trackpad doesn't work.

i booted with differents ways but same result.

I tried all possible methods to make install for yosemite..no luck.. :( .I used both boot loader methods:clover and chameleon with macpwn 1.1 and 1.4.

With ''classic'' method (renamed yosemite.app and placed into application folder) the installer always give me an error;then I placed Install.dmg file on my desktop ,installation goes fine but with clover boot loader my usb seems to be not bootable.

With Chameleon boot loader (I extracted manually the kernel and placed on the root of usb) the installation can not be completed because is freeze somewhere at the beginning ..says something about the user is not alowed to do....that even I manually placed FakeSMC and NullCPUPower in S/L/E. Tried to boot as single mode user and different boot flags even kext-dev-mode=1 still no luck..

What is wrong here? My laptop machine is running like a charm with Niresh 10.9 updated to 10.9.4 without a glitch... :huh:

I still getting troubles when installing MacPwn OSX yosemite Beta.

at first boot in country screen selection not keyboard working nor mouse.

I still getting troubles when installing MacPwn OSX yosemite Beta.

at first boot in country screen selection not keyboard working nor mouse.

Try to add a mouse on your usb 2.0 port or tap spacebar on your keyboard.Here this was solution.

thanks, So. 

i get it work disconnecting my keyboard and plug into another port usb 3.0.

works perfectly (keyboard and mouse) and after that inject kext APPle HID

I tried all possible methods to make install for yosemite..no luck.. :( .I used both boot loader methods:clover and chameleon with macpwn 1.1 and 1.4.

With ''classic'' method (renamed yosemite.app and placed into application folder) the installer always give me an error;then I placed Install.dmg file on my desktop ,installation goes fine but with clover boot loader my usb seems to be not bootable.

With Chameleon boot loader (I extracted manually the kernel and placed on the root of usb) the installation can not be completed because is freeze somewhere at the beginning ..says something about the user is not alowed to do....that even I manually placed FakeSMC and NullCPUPower in S/L/E. Tried to boot as single mode user and different boot flags even kext-dev-mode=1 still no luck..

What is wrong here? My laptop machine is running like a charm with Niresh 10.9 updated to 10.9.4 without a glitch... :huh:

Hi, kernel must be placed in System/Library/kernels in OS X 10.10, maybe there where your problem is.

Hope it could help...