3 issues didn't solve after 7 times of installing hackintosh on laptop
2 2

Question

Hi,

I've installed Niresh Mavericks 10.9 on desktop many times befor and now i want to install it on my laptop Vaio f13

- i7 2nd generation

- 8 GB ddr3 1333 ram

- 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 425M

- 250 GB SSD samsung 840 evo

- 320 GB HDD

My laptop supports the Virtualization but didn't support AHCI

I want to dualboot the laptop with windows 7

after many times of tests ( like 7 times ) to choose the correct cuztomaziation i failed in many  things like:
- Touch pad never worked in any test after the install complete ( but its working in the setup )

- Graphics looks so laggy specially in launcher ( I've choosed Nvidia drivier in the setup but if i didn't check it the screen will become dark after loading the  system )

- I can't choose dualboot unless I boot from USB or the device will load windows 7 immediatly

I've installed MultiBeast to install the touchpad drivier but still didn't work.

what do you suggest me to do?

8 answers to this question

samlive, Did you find the solution to these issues ? I have a vaio VPCF13BFX and I found the same problems. 

Specs: i7 740QM Quad-core. 4GB RAM. Geforce GT 425M 1GB. Wifi Atheros (I think).

Issues that I found are:

1 - notebook screen monitor doesn't work. I have to use a external tv using hdmi to work properly.

2 - Trackpad doesn't work after installing the system. It works properly when installing the system.

3 - Wifi doesn't get recognized. I don't know how to make this thing to work.. haha

Thanks in advance !

samlive, Did you find the solution to these issues ? I have a vaio VPCF13BFX and I found the same problems. 

Specs: i7 740QM Quad-core. 4GB RAM. Geforce GT 425M 1GB. Wifi Atheros (I think).

Issues that I found are:

1 - notebook screen monitor doesn't work. I have to use a external tv using hdmi to work properly.

2 - Trackpad doesn't work after installing the system. It works properly when installing the system.

3 - Wifi doesn't get recognized. I don't know how to make this thing to work.. haha

Thanks in advance !

Hi,

sadly I didn't :(

After this post I've tried to buy iAtkos M, and it was the worst thing ever did.

It even didn't boot to the setup and tried to contact with the support after 10 days didn't get any respond from him :(

This video shows the lagging in my laptop

if the screen shows black I think Nvidia kext in the setup didn't work well you may download them

After the admins didn't seems very helpful I started another discussion in another forum, I'm gonna post to you the best answer cuz I don't know if the rules will be ok to post a link to another forum

a prominent Hackintosh dev, says his works OOB: http://www.insanelym...ards/?p=1797282

He also has a general guide on NVIDIA GPUs/kexts: http://www.insanelym...t-nvidia-kexts/

If your laptop has integrated Intel graphics, make sure it's disabled: http://www.hackintos...s-cant-run-osx/

and about your issue with Wifi, I've read about 90% wifi cards don't works with mavirecks so I bought the best recommended external Wifi USB and it's Asus N13

http://www.asus.com/Networking/USBN13/specifications/

If you noticed it support Mac OSX to 10.6 or 10.7 I dont remember but if you installed the latest driver which included in the CD with it, it'll works with Mavericks.

About the trackPad I've read befor on my desktop my PS2 mouse and keypoad don't work untill i unplug and replug the keypoad as an effect of kext convusing between mouse and touchpad,

It's a long story to fix ended with failing so I decided to use external USB Mouse cuz it's easier :)

1 person likes this

Hi,

sadly I didn't :(

After this post I've tried to buy iAtkos M, and it was the worst thing ever did.

It even didn't boot to the setup and tried to contact with the support after 10 days didn't get any respond from him :(

This video shows the lagging in my laptop

if the screen shows black I think Nvidia kext in the setup didn't work well you may download them

After the admins didn't seems very helpful I started another discussion in another forum, I'm gonna post to you the best answer cuz I don't know if the rules will be ok to post a link to another forum

a prominent Hackintosh dev, says his works OOB: http://www.insanelym...ards/?p=1797282

He also has a general guide on NVIDIA GPUs/kexts: http://www.insanelym...t-nvidia-kexts/

If your laptop has integrated Intel graphics, make sure it's disabled: http://www.hackintos...s-cant-run-osx/

and about your issue with Wifi, I've read about 90% wifi cards don't works with mavirecks so I bought the best recommended external Wifi USB and it's Asus N13

http://www.asus.com/Networking/USBN13/specifications/

If you noticed it support Mac OSX to 10.6 or 10.7 I dont remember but if you installed the latest driver which included in the CD with it, it'll works with Mavericks.

About the trackPad I've read befor on my desktop my PS2 mouse and keypoad don't work untill i unplug and replug the keypoad as an effect of kext convusing between mouse and touchpad,

It's a long story to fix ended with failing so I decided to use external USB Mouse cuz it's easier :)

Hi samlive, Yesteday I installed some kexts. I installed the ethernet all in one solution and ALPS kexts (both found here in Niresh website). Also I did install a kext called IOxxxxFamily.Kext( xxx cause I don't remember the exact name but the are numbers. I can see the name for you if you are still need).

Well.. Everything is working good now but native notebook monitor. I still have to use external hdmi to work properly.  But everything is working ok. Acceleration and everything ( I think acceleration is activated cause it is too fast and the animations are smooth).

But...BUT..hehehe.. I installed combo update to 10.9.4 and everything is gone !! hehehe... I cannot boot at all. I'm stuck at "PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN". Some guys said I should've done backup of some kexts and kernel but it's a little bit confusing. I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll try to fix this in some way.. maybe reinstallation will be the best sollution hehe.

Hi samlive, Yesteday I installed some kexts. I installed the ethernet all in one solution and ALPS kexts (both found here in Niresh website). Also I did install a kext called IO80211Family.kext. I installed this cause the ethernet all in one solution didn't work. But after installing this bluetooth and wifi worked ok.

Well.. Everything is working good now but native notebook monitor. I still have to use external hdmi to work properly.  But everything is working ok. Acceleration and everything ( I think acceleration is activated cause it is too fast and the animations are smooth).

But...BUT..hehehe.. I installed combo update to 10.9.4 and everything is gone !! hehehe... I cannot boot at all. I'm stuck at "PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN". Some guys said I should've done backup of some kexts and kernel but it's a little bit confusing. I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll try to fix this in some way.. maybe reinstallation will be the best sollution hehe.

"I'm trying to quote but it's not working for me...sorry"

Hi Maniac,
WOW and I thought I'm the one who has the biggest problem :)

Actually I've never heard about about this app for kexts since I'm new here every one said buying external Wifi is the best solution :S
And for external display I've never test it yet maybe I'll test it and see if it's works with me but i guess my problem is different a bit from you " You'll understand when you watch the video "
but I've noticed another weird problem since you're using same of my device:
I've installed the Mac as a second operating system while windows is the main, so I can't boot mac unless I boot from USB flash then choose Mac drive for now this ok

but have you noticed your laptop wont boot from any external device if your battery lower than 90% ??
This is actually freak me out, my laptop keeps shutting down before booting then i noticed after plugging the power it's work but it's using only power not the battery so I have to unplug the whole battery of the laptop and replug it after that i can work on laptop battery
Till now I didn't understand this a laptop bios behave or it's caused by mac :S

Hi samlive,

Man  I saw the video ! this is weird !... I think it is a kext problem. My video is working ok cause I changed the resolution to 1366x768x32 in system preferences. andI have to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes . On bootloader from your usb or whatever use this "-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes" without quotes and press enter! I didn't install any kext for nvidia graphics card.

Well, I think my system is booting ok when the battery is lower than 90%. I will check it again to see if this happens.

Previously I had Windows 8.1 installed first then I installed mac. The bootloader didn't work out of box. I had to format the entire disk using only mac to get the bootloader working ok. I think you can do dual boot. I heard you have to format with disk utility using 2 partitions(mac os journaled and fat32/exfat for windows). Then you reboot and install windows first and then mac. I didn't do this so I cannot say this is true.

The problem I had updating to 10.9.4(pci configuration begin) is gone. I solved it doing this that I posted cause you need it someday.

http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/1601-stuck-at-pci-configuration-begin-after-update-to-1092/

See you man.

Hi again :)
About the graphic issue you mean in the setup you haven't choose any kext for graphics and now you can boot using flags with external screen? cuz I've tried once to choose nvidia kext and it ended like this video and if I didn'r  I'll get black screen also I did tried external Nvidia kext also didn't work get black screen again.
About the partition, previously I did try it and macs runs fine but the windows didn't  :)
sadly my main system still windows while macs for me right now only for learning xcode :)
and for update i guess it's too early for me to do some hard modifying as you did :P

hi man,

About the black screen..this is it.. if you plug a external monitor you will see the mac start screen without any problem... i didn't install any kext for nvidia... during setup i just selected the normal options like smbios for macbook pro and so on.

try to remove your kext for nvidia and connect your notebook to a hdmi monitor..

See you !