Question

Hey guys! I've been around the hackintosh topic for a while now. I've decided to build a new gaming computer and now I want a Mac OS on it as well so I tried installing Niresh Maverics.

The first time I tried installing was on my 16GB USB flash drive. The computer was able to get into the installation screen and the installation began but never really ended considering there was a loop between 22min and 17min. So then, I tried burning the ISO file to the CD. Sincle I only owned a single-layer CD of 4,7GB, I decided to burn Mountain Lion. Again, everything went smoothly until it didn't fail at the last minute of installation. Then, since my friend encountered a problem installing Windows with my 16GB USB flash drive, I used  another 8GB flash drive to get the Mavericks .dmg file on it. This time, literally no luck. It wasn't even been able to boot into the installation. I've tried numerous boot flags including amdfx -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes UseKernelCache=No and many other, but still "system uptime in nanoseconds" problem was there. I actually got Windows 8.1 already installed and I wouldn't want to go through the installation again nor to lose my files. So I actually partitioned my 1TB Hard Drive with EaseUS software to one partition where my Windows OS is, one which is system reserved and one which I leave unformatted and then in the Niresh installation, I format it to Mac OS partition format.

My specs:

Processor - AMD FX-6300 3,5GHz, Black Edition

Graphics Card - MSI nVidia GeForce 750 Ti TF 2GB OC

RAM - 8GB Kingston Hyperx Beast CL10 1600Mhz

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA 970A DS3P with UEFI Dual Bios

Thank you all in advance, please leave a response.

2 answers to this question

I had the same issues, I have an earlier version of essentially the same CPU (an AMD FX-6100), for me i just type in the boot flag AMDFX or amd64.. it should work, if not try combining either of those with -v or UseKernelCache=No I Hope this helps.. 

I had the same issues, I have an earlier version of essentially the same CPU (an AMD FX-6100), for me i just type in the boot flag AMDFX or amd64.. it should work, if not try combining either of those with -v or UseKernelCache=No I Hope this helps.. 

Thanks for replying. As I said I did type in those bootflags already. None of them seamed to help in any way.