Asus P5QL Pro, weird issues
1 1

Question

Hey guys, long time follower of Niresh and first time posting. I had Niresh's 10.8 distro working pretty well, some patched kext's, life was good. Now with the Mavericks distro (lot easier than the early install methods through app store) the GUI is acting weird. It installs just fine, but then after the post-install boot, I set it up as normal and when it gets to the "Setting up your mac", it stops... So I have to shut down the tower, reboot, and after posting it asks for my user and password. A few things; some of the options in "System preferences" will not open and cause the app to freeze, i.e. "Users and Accounts" and "Sharing". After I set the correct time, remove the question mark apps from the dock, install a kext for my TP-Link TL-WN915N wireless card through the included kext wizard/installer, and reboot the computer, it's as if it forgot all the changes I had made prior to rebooting. I do not know if this is a video card issue, as I am running on a PNY GeForce 9600GT. The rest of the specs are as follows:
Motherboard: Asus P5QL Pro

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz

Video Card: PNY GeForce 9600GT, nVidia chipset

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Xi-Fi (not worried about it not working)

RAM: 3GB in two channels

CD/DVD Drive: Generic, seen by OS and fully working

I don't know if this is a common issue on other builds, but any help would be appreciated. I've spent about four hours searching google, youtube, and www.hackintosh.zone for any issues but can't seem to find and definitive ones. Thank you, I truly appreciate any help that can be offered. 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet