Install Chameleon to EFI
1 1

Question

Hello.

Asus 8 series motherboards dropped support for booting unless the bootloader is in the EFI partition. I followed this guide to install the bootloader here but I used the chameleon iso "i386" folder instead of chimera from UniBeast.

The bootloader starts when the PC is booted, but when I select my Niresh installation, I loads some files, splashes the Apple logo and reboots the computer. I have tried the following boot flags -v -f -F UseKernalCache=No UseKernalCache=Yes -x xpcm-free

How can I fix this? The system boots fine with no boot flags if I use the Niresh USB to boot.

Also, can anyone help me to enable Graphics Acceleration

Here are my system's specs:

Asus B85-Plus LGA 1150 (Haswell)

Intel Core i7-4771

Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB GDDR5

Thanks

6 answers to this question

@ 1st make sure the efi partition got a latest version of chameleon and also 

chameleon loads the boot.plist in the Installation drive as main so if you have an /Extra folder in the destination that Extra will be scanned first

My Mavericks doesnt support clover (Only The Installation USB, after installing you can use clover) because it uses kextcache

restart may be caused by some wrong boot-flags, mount the efi partition of the USB then copy the files of that EFI Partition to yours it will do the trick

@ Oops i thought it was 10.8.5 hmm then use the Extra of the USB but make sure to edit the boot.plist

@ Oh ok. I was messing with chameleon a bit so I am going to re install mavericks now so I have a fresh install. When it is done, should I follow the tutorial from youtube in my original post and then do as you say after? Or should I do something else to install the bootloader to EFI?

@ The Mavericks installation already have an option to Install chameleon to EFI Select it