Dell Inspiron 14, 3442, Intel HD 4400 Graphics, Ethernet, Audio Problem
6 6

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Hackintosh. I've install Niresh Maverics on my Dell Inspiron 14 3442 laptop. Here is the specification I found from internet and CPU-Z software:

Processor : Intel® Core i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz

Chipset : Mobile Intel® 8 Series Express

Chipset Chipset (Northbridge) (CPU-Z) : Intel Haswell-ULT rev. 0B

Chipset (Southbridge) (I don't know what north/southbridge is) (CPU-Z) : Intel ID9C45 rev. 04

Memory Size : 2 GB

Graphics : Intel® HD Graphics 4400

Ethernet : Integrated Ethernet 10/100

Wireless : Dell Wireless-N 1705x

I can't detect the audio driver, but here something I got from CPU-Z:

Multimedia device Location

bus 0 (0x00), device 27 (0x1B), function 0 (0x00) 

Common header       

Vendor ID : 0x8086     

Model ID : 0x9C20     

Revision ID : 0x04

I've installed Maverics with Chameleon bootloader. It is booting using flag -x. But it is not booting in normal mode. I've tried to make fix with "grafix backup all" using flag -s. The boot problem is fixed but I can't get the Graphics Driver working.

I see that there are not much information about how to get Intel HD 4400 working. I've installed with "IGPEnabler=Yes" flag. Also tried with IntelAzulFB 10.

I also cannot make the audio, ethernet and wireless working. I tried with MultiBeast. But still, can't figure out how can I make them works.

Anyone please give me some instructions on how can I make my Hacktop (hackintosh laptop :-D ) support Graphics and the other drivers. I would be very happy on your replies. Also please help with what QE and DSTD is. I saw a lot of post using these words and can't understand what they are.

1 person likes this

15 answers to this question

I have fixed the graphics problem!!! I'm sharing process for helping the others with same issue.

At first I make another fresh install of Niresh Maverics and backup all the grafix kexts. Then I install MultiBeast "DSDT Free" feature (all of them).

Then I put these lines in boot.plist :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
<string>0300220d</string
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>10</string>

At this point my graphics is detected as 1024 MB Intel HD 4400. But no glass effect on the menu bar.
Then I installed Intel HD 5000 series kexts from backup kexts folder. And voila, I got the Glass effect and all flicking problems are gone!!!

I figure the audio driver. It is Realtek ALC3234. Can't find any kext for this particular model. Can you guys give me some suggestion please?

On linux (live usb) HardInfo software, I found network controllers:

Network controller : Broadcom Corporation BCM43142 802.11b/g/n (rev 01)

Ethernet controller : Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 07)

But after installing realtek drivers I got kernel panic.

I have found the network solution!!!

The network adapter was Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller.

I have used Slytherin http://www.hackintoshosx.com/file/3897-slytherin-the-extreme-post-installation-utility/

Installed the RTL8100 driver. I reboot my pc with UseKernelCache=N and boom!!! my ethernet works!!!

But I'm having some trouble with permissions I think. It is telling that the kext was not installed properly and cannot be used. But it's working, that what matters!!

Hi shoumma, Can you explain better how do you installed Niresh in your Inspiron 3442?
Because I'm trying but when I give the boot flags and press enter, in a second or two the system reboots and never starts the installer.
I'm trying with Chameleon using the same flags that you specified.
Regards.

Hi xlordz,

You need to boot with "xpcm-free -v" kernel flags (without the quotes).It is for Haswell motherboards. Otherwise it will keep restarting.

Hope it helps you.

@shoumma with xpcm-free it stopped rebooting, thank you. I was using this flag already, but inside the "Niresh-Mavericks/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" file.

Typing it in the console worked like a charm. Thanks.

But now I'm having a kernel panic. I tried with just the flags "xpcm-free -v -x -f" and with the xml below. Any combination stops in a kernel panic.

Any other tip ? Like some Bios Settings ?

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
<string>0300220d</string
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>10</string>

EDIT: xpcm-free MUST be typed and MUST be the first parameter !!!

As seen in the image, the /dev and /sbin aren't found. Googling it...

Problem solved, was a corrupt image. Downloaded and burned again and worked like a charm. Problems with the drivers yet.

Hi, Im also new to Hackintosh, could you please guide in installing Mavericks in my Dell Inspiron 3442, but this one has an I-5 running at 1.7.

I´ve tried with the preceeding post with no luck.

Any help will be wellcomed.

I used a similar process for the QE/CI effects on my HD 4400, HOWEVER, I used GraphicsEnabler = Yes and IntelAzulFB =4. Everything else was the same as posted earlier