Hackintosh Maverick Freeze At Disk Utility
2 2

Question

~~~System Information~~~

CPU (Intel Core i7 4820K @ 3.7GHz - 2011 LGA)

Graphics Card (EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 760)

Motherboard (Asus P9X79 LE)

RAM (DDR3 12.0GB)

Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB

~~~System Information~~~

Hello Hackintosh Community, I started off from creating my Niresh USB from windows 8.1 and I couldn't format my SSD into Mac OS Extended (Journaled) at the Installation Setup.

So far the essential boot flag that got me the furthest is " amd cpus=1 -x -v ". I did try a number of combination of PCIRootUID=1 / USBBusFix=Yes / GraphicsEnabler=No / npci=0x2000 , but it didn't make much of a difference as an outcome.

Usually when I just turn on my PC to try out some boot flags like " amd cpus=1 -x -v " as my essential, I could get all the way to the Installation setup but freeze whenever I click on the 'Disk Utility'. After the first reboot, I am now always freeze at the installation setup whenever it appears. It's either that or my mouse and keyboard are not active everytime. I find it weird that background ('Welcome' word in all languages) of the installation setup moves from left to right in one shot and stops in one second. I could record a video of what I exactly mean if needed.

I did try using -s to key some commands, but the keys on my keyboard suddenly became overly sensitive whenever I press a letter. Like fsck can be like ffffffffssssssccccccckkkkkkkk if I am not gentle and quick with pressing.

I also had no idea why does amd / amd64 / amdFX boot flag helps despite not using an amd processor of any sort. But without it, the screen will just go black after ':///BaseSystem.dmg' or sometimes 'Legacy USB OFF Done' according to what boot flag I use. I tried waiting for the black screen to do someting for almost 10 minutes but nothing happened.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

3 answers to this question

@victorpgkl 

You have listed

~~~System Information~~~

CPU (Intel Core i7 4820K @ 3.7GHz - 2011 LGA)

as Intel and why are you using kernel of amd ?

try the xpcm-free kernel in haswell machines

just

xpcm-free -v

@The KingMaker

Like I said above, "I also had no idea why does amd / amd64 / amdFX boot flag helps despite not using an amd processor of any sort. But without it, the screen will just go black/blank after ':///BaseSystem.dmg' or sometimes 'Legacy USB OFF Done' according to what boot flag I use. I tried waiting for the black screen to do someting for almost 10 minutes but nothing happened."

I just tried boot flag ' xpcm-free -v ', and resulted the screen go black/blank after ':///BaseSystem.dmg'.

did you ever fix your mouse keyboard freeze problem on disk utility? I'm having very similar symptoms.