Niresh Mavericks On Dell Inspiron 5520
1 1

Question

my laptop has the following specs

Ci5 ivy bridge

12GB Ram

1GB Amd radeon 7670m HD

installed niresh mavericks  and during installation i backed up intel and nvidia graphics kexts and installed it without any other change

when it was done i pressed 6 during boot and the x64 bootloader was there as i read in a forum i dont remember where.

without any boot flags it was ready and booted

the GPU was there in the About mac but i didnt tested it yet by playing any video

the touchpad wasnt working so i tried this kext using kext wizard

http://www.osx86.net/files/getdownload/3197-updated-trackpad-keyboard-ps2-32-64/

1448-PS2-Synaptics-Keyboard-32+64.zip

after a reboot, the keyboard and touchpad was working....though no gestures are available but that isnt a necessity for me.

now for the wifi...my wireless card is Dell Wireless1704 802.11b/g/n...i guess the company is broadcom

i cant make it work ...also i tried the scripts here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=49262

bcm43xx_enabler_0.5.3.sh.zip

but these dont work...it does something with the /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext but doesnt seems to work

i dont understand what is this AIRPORT in mac....

help needed and extremely appreciated

5 answers to this question

well 7670m can be disabled, but the problem is with power consumpion, HWMonitor shows that the power consumption of CPU package total to be around 19Watts. can you guys tell me what des hwmonitor shows in your systems

Hi I have the same Dell Inspiron 5520 but with different specs Intel i5 8Gb Ram 1Tb HDD I tried installing Hacintosh 10.9.0 as given in Niresh Video. I could Install the OS but after restart when installation is done for setup it is just showing the loading and Apple logo. I have waited for an hour but it is not going further. So kindly help me ASAP where I don't have any OS right now in my Lappy. Thanks, Chiranjeevi.

Hi I have the same Dell Inspiron 5520 but with different specs Intel i5 8Gb Ram 1Tb HDD I tried installing Hacintosh 10.9.0 as given in Niresh Video. I could Install the OS but after restart when installation is done for setup it is just showing the loading and Apple logo. I have waited for an hour but it is not going further. So kindly help me ASAP where I don't have any OS right now in my Lappy. Thanks, Chiranjeevi.

Same problem, please help!