Crosshair V Formula-Z How-To
2 2

Question

Hey Guys!

I've finally decided to give OS X a crack on my pc and Niresh is definitely the best way to go. As you can tell through my specs I have the Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z mobo, and I'm thrilled to see that someone wrote a custom UEFI bios for the motherboard to be able to install OS X! My question though is where can I find a tutorial on how to install OS X specifically on my mobo? I understand there's a custom bios for it but what settings do I run on the bios? Also, with the custom bios installed will I be able to have a Windows partition as well?

Thanks in advance for any insight at all!

- CPU - AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-core 4.0 ghz
- Video Card - nVidia GeForce GTX660 x2 SLI
- Asus Crosshair V Foruma-Z (Amd 990FX)
- WLAN - N/A

- Ethernet Intel 82583 Gigabit
- Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z onboard Realtek Audio

1 person likes this

5 answers to this question

There is a link to a tutorial on the download page of the Niresh Distro. Your pc should be compatible. Try installing it and youll find out. Yes, you will be able to use windows with the custom bios/with niresh installed.

Thank you! However, looking deeper into the custom bios thing: the custom bios file is a 29kb .aml file and in comparison if I go to asus's support page and download my current bios it's actually an 8mb .cap file. Does anybody know why this is? It can't possibly be right, I don't want to brick my mobo!!  :D Also could you please direct link me to the tutorial page just to make sure we're both on the same page?

A very grateful nub  :blink:

- CPU - AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-core 4.0 ghz
- Video Card - nVidia GeForce GTX660 x2 SLI
- Asus Crosshair V Foruma-Z (Amd 990FX)
- WLAN - N/A

- Ethernet Intel 82583 Gigabit
- Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z onboard Realtek Audio

Everything went well! Successfully dual booted Mavericks with Windows 8.1 Enterprise. There's only two problems: No sound and I can't see any of my NTFS logical hard drives. All I can get for info on my Asus Realtek driver is it's "Supreme FX III". Do I need a certain kext in order to see my other drives?

-Edit: Everything works perfectly.

@koofieman i use CVF too, but i cant find where can i download the custom bios. can you give me the download link please? and since you succesfully using OSX on your pc with CVF, can you tell me some special requirement and also the tutorial link you use to guide you?

thanks!

Please help, I am trying to get Mac on my Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard setup.  Have you been able to install any other version past Mavericks?  If so/not, what was the steps you took to install it (Distro, settings, ect.). I greatly appreciate any help you can give me as I have been trying on and off for the past year.