How To Mount Dmg File To Usb On A Hackintosh?

Question

Hello :)

Can anyone answer about how to mount from DMG to USB from a mac operating system ( hackintosh ). If in windows, we're using Win32DiskImager, but how about in mac?

Thank you :)

6 answers to this question

Hello kazu, it's easy  just download  OSX-10.8.5 Restore.pkg and put  OSX-10.8.5.dmg on Desktop, run  OSX-10.8.5 Restore.pkg  select usb pendrive wait until finish.

i was try both between OSX-10.8.5 and OSX-MAVERICH AND successfully work. if want to restore OSX-MAVERICKS TO USB JUST RENAME OSX-Mavericks TO OSX-10.8.5. Hpe it's work for you.

1 person likes this

Hello. Whoa thanks. But about mavericks, can you give me more detailed tutor? I'm recently use 10.8.5 and trying to upgrade to Mavericks

hi....

first: go to utility disk and partition you usb key and format it in MBR

after: restore Mavericks dmg to you usb key

slt vous tous de fr je ne n'arrive pas a restaurer limage osx Mavericks dmg sur ma clé de 8go impossible de restaurer ca me dit  ressource accupée ..... au secour lol Merci

Hello. Whoa thanks. But about mavericks, can you give me more detailed tutor? I'm recently use 10.8.5 and trying to upgrade to Mavericks

Hi Kazu following this step :

1. copy OSX-MAVERICKS.DMG and OSX-10.8.5 Restore.pkg to Desktop  

2. rename OSX-MAVERICKS.DMG to OSX-10.8.5.DMG ( Right click on OSX-MAVERICKS ==> GET INFO => NAME AND EXTENTION and then change OSX-MAVERICKS to OSX-10.8.5 and then close the dialog)

3. run OSX-10.8.5 Restore.pkg choose usb pendrive and please wait ultil proses done.

4. after proses done reboot computer and boot using usb pendrive.

5. following all steep done.

good luck

restore pkg

http://www.hackintosh.zone/files/get/1ebb57f19ebc819189622d459086eb6c/204-OSX-10.8.5%20Restore.pkg.zip

osx mavericks

http://www.hackintosh.zone/file/75-niresh-mac-os-x-mavericks-109-with-amd-intel-usb/

can't i install on MBR's Partitions ?
 I'm recently use 10.8.5 and trying to upgrade to Mavericks