Intel 82583 Gigabit Ethernet Stops Working
2 2

Question

When I'm browsing the web my internet works fine however anytime I try downloading anything off uTorrent, downloading a game client off the battle.net client, downloading extra sound samples for Logic Pro X, downloading a game off steam or anything of the sort my internet just stops working but nothing freezes or crashes it simply just stops. The network monitor also shows no sent/received once it stops working as well. I am using an Intel 82583 onboard ethernet port on my Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z motherboard. If the kext was wrong wouldn't it not work at all?

Any ideas?

Thanks

- CPU - AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-core 4.0 ghz
- Video Card - nVidia GeForce GTX660 x2 SLI
- Asus Crosshair V Foruma-Z (Amd 990FX)
- WLAN - N/A

- Ethernet Intel 82583 Gigabit
- Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z onboard Realtek Audio

3 answers to this question

It is possible that your kext corrupted, try reinstalling. If that doesn't work check the bios, it may have accidentally disabled the integrated ethernet. If that is not the case, then search for a new kext. And if there is no kext that fixes it. Your ethernetcard has died.

boom BSOD

I reinstalled Mavericks from scratch just to start fresh, this was the 3rd time I've had to do it to get all the kinks out. Oddly enough, this time for the first couple reboots (having to reboot from program installs) the internet worked great and successfully downloaded a couple 1 gig torrents and the necessary content for logic. However after all in all I'm still back to the same problem. I don't think the NIC is dead especially since I have 0 problems with it on Windows 8.

Does anybody know where I can find an Intel 82583 Gigabit Ethernet kext??? 

@koofieman could you find any solution to this? i know that my eth card is working flawless, because with w7 and debian i dont have any issue at all. my situation is similar to yours, my internet connection cuts off whenever i have a lot of bandwith usage at the same time (steam download, league of legends launcher, streaming to twitch, etc). i know i installed correctly the kext, so i dont know what else to do. any advice would be very appreciated :D