Help with chosing Hackintosh Hardware!
1 1

Question

Hello everyone :),

My name is Michael, and I have been having some issue trying to decide which PC parts will be compatible with OS X Mavericks 10.9 (Niresh Distro of course lol)

PC parts that I have chosen so far and I need to make sure that they are compatible...so that is were you (the viewer/helper) comes in :), any help will be much appreciated :D

Part list:

- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 LGA 1150

Processor:          Intel i3-4330 Dual Core 3.5 ghz

- Ram:              Corsair Vengence 8gb Ram DDR3 1600

HDD:                  WD 1TB Blue

- PCU:              Corsair CX 430 Watt

So if anyone can help at all try to determine if these parts will work that would be awesome and also please contact me on Twitter @Michaelkintner1 if you have any input please on email me @ Michaelkintner35@gmail.com   also another thing is that I am not sure if the Z97 Chipset is compatible with Niresh Hackintosh, but I hope it is and most Gigabyte Motherboards are supported thankfully :)

Thank you for your time,

- Michael Kintner

P.S. I follow back on Twitter @Michaelkintner1 and @iH8Dr0id :D

17 answers to this question

@ Hey there Gigabyte motherboards are supported by OS X but the graphics card is the important one

Hello everyone :),

My name is Michael, and I have been having some issue trying to decide which PC parts will be compatible with OS X Mavericks 10.9 (Niresh Distro of course lol)

PC parts that I have chosen so far and I need to make sure that they are compatible...so that is were you (the viewer/helper) comes in :), any help will be much appreciated :D

Part list:

- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 LGA 1150

Processor:          Intel i3-4330 Dual Core 3.5 ghz

- Ram:              Corsair Vengence 8gb Ram DDR3 1600

HDD:                  WD 1TB Blue

- PCU:              Corsair CX 430 Watt

So if anyone can help at all try to determine if these parts will work that would be awesome and also please contact me on Twitter @Michaelkintner1 if you have any input please on email me @ Michaelkintner35@gmail.com   also another thing is that I am not sure if the Z97 Chipset is compatible with Niresh Hackintosh, but I hope it is and most Gigabyte Motherboards are supported thankfully :)

Thank you for your time,

- Michael Kintner

P.S. I follow back on Twitter @Michaelkintner1 and @iH8Dr0id :D

Also you might want to use an Intel core i5, graphics are the most important. There are nvidia & ATI cards that work out of the box. You can google those. And when you intalled Niresh, try to make an vanilla install. They work way better than disro's

@ What kind of i5 processor should I get and could it still be socket 1150? or should it be 1155?  Chosing PC parts is hard :(

@sloeberGJ I was wondering what i5 processor to get that has good integrated graphics?  Also I would still want it to be socket 1150 because I really want that motherboard for my Hackintosh build :).  Also I hope that the Z97 chipset is supported by hackintosh Mavericks :).  One more thing...what is Vanilla install I have never heard of it?

@ Better go for external nvidia VGA Card 

its easy to tweak intel is really hard and buggy

@ My dad said he would get me an Asus GeForce 750ti....is that a good graphics card? or should I push for something better?

@ go for these models

GeForce GT 740 
GeForce GTX 760
GeForce GTX 770

@ Oh ok thank you for the info :) and I also heard that MSI Motherbaords can use Hackintosh but you have to modify the bios?  How do you modify the bios to make the MSI motherbaord be compatible?

@ I dont think so, i havent used MSI Boards but according to my knowledge you dont need any modifications it will work

@ Use MacBreaker Guide 

There are no official videos uploaded

@ Its not officially released so, i cant confirm a date