Hi guys,

I have a Vaio VPCF13BFX with the following specs:

i7 740 QM 1.73 GHZ

4GB RAM DDR 3

Wifi Atheros

Screen 16.4"

500GB HD

Geforce GT 425 M

I installed niresh 10.9 and updated to 10.9.4. and I had the "PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN" problem but using the fixed topic I could fix it.

So everything is working properly but notebook monitor screen.

I don't know what is really happening. 

I installed the system using 2 different graphics options on setup, that are:

1 - I installed without backup nvidia kexts during setup. Doing this, CE QI worked out of box. BUT JUST ON HDMI connected to a external monitor. The notebook screen turns off and does not show anything. This is freaking me out :/

2 - Installed using backup nvidia kexts during setup. Doing this, CE QI didn't work. BUT the notebook screen is working so far so good. I'm think the mac installation on this case is using VESA 3.0 specs to show the screen imagens on my notebook monitor.

Do you guys know anyway to make the notebook monitor work using the first option ? I think there is a issue with the driver cause it cannot see that there is a internal monitor. It seems to be working like a GT without "m" cause only using hdmi the images are transfered to the external monitor. This is weird ! hehe

There are lots of guys with the same problem using gt m cards. I don't know if you guys can fix the kext for us. 

Thanks in advance !

5 answers to this question

Same Graphics card (425m) and the same problem. I have installed NVIDIA Web Driver but not changes. I boot normal to HDMI output and with nv_disable=1 to Laptop Screen (but without CE QI). 

Yeah... I don't know if it's a vaio problem or a GT "M" problem... Whatever... nobody knows the sollution... sad !

It's strange cause hdmi is enabled.. so I think the driver is turning the monitor off when it starts... But I think there is a way to turn on the monitor and direct the output image to the internal monitor... let's wait and see if somebody will fix this..

hi there,

I am using sony vaio vpcf12m1e, i5 520m nvidia gt 330m I am having same problem is there any way I can try to fix this?