[Agpm Controller] Unknown Platform (Mavericks)
3 3

Question

Dear Staff,

I tried many many flags to make this thing work but i am stuck with [AGPM Controller] Unknown Platform, when i try to boot Niresh's Mavericks with -x the setup starts and my computer turn off fully at 15 minutes remaining...

Acer Aspire 5742

Intel Core i3 380M 

Intel HD Graphics

2 GB RAM

Posted Image

Posted Image

12 answers to this question

boot with -s 
Type this terminal commands
mount - uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf AppleInstelHDGraphics.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*
shutdown -r now 

you can also take a fresh install without adding any kext for graphics or select move graphics extension in customize when installing also select GraphicsEnabler=No

Got the same problem, but when i try to use -x its still bringing up this error...

Having the exact same problem. I tried the commands above but it says its read-only. Any help?-x doesn't work, along with several other boot flags. 

Having the exact same problem. I tried the commands above but it says its read-only. Any help?-x doesn't work, along with several other boot flags. 

need a fresh install when install check box in Graphiscs /Backup graphics extensions

First off I would like to thank everyone involved in creating all the Niresh distro's. Great work! 
I, too, am stuck at the [Agpm Controller] Unknown Platform. I believe that the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext is the culprit and am trying to remove it from the install altogether. I tried entering the commands above and am also getting a 'write protected error. I am painfully inexperienced with using Unix commands so I thought I would try to remove them from the .dmg file but have been unable to get past the READ ONLY format. I tried creating a new disk image with READ/WRITE capabilities in disk utility. I tried copying the all files into a write enabled directory but that was unsuccessful. Using an app like pacifist gets me where I need to be but there is no delete option. Sadly, I don't quite understand what you mean by doing a FRESH INSTALL, because the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext is still getting installed because of my inability to remove it from the installation image. Is there any advice you may have for me, be it commands I should be using or an app or procedure I could use to remove the INTELHDGraphics family of kexts? I apologize if I seem clueless, but thats only because I am.
Thanks

Wow! Your response was Instant!! I will follow your instructions and update you with my results. THANK YOU!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!

1 person likes this

I am doing something wrong while working with the command lines. After starting in single user mode, I enter the command to get write access -fsck -fymount -uw /

but it immediately returns with an 'ILLEGAL OPTION' message and the drive remains read only. I am able to navigate to the directory where the rogue kexts exists but cannot delete them from a read only drive. Your instructions are very clear and make perfect sense as I read them through, but as soon as something onscreen differs from your direction, I am completely lost and dumbfounded.I know you guys have REAL work to do and dont need someone like me asking you how to pilot a plane when I cant even ride a tricycle. If there is anything you can suggest, even if its a link to "UNIX COMMANDS FOR IMBECILES" or something, I am willing to try it. Thanks again for taking the time and having the patience to help.

write these command carefully 

Step 1:  Boot in Single User mode by interrupting the Chameleon bootstrap and enter -s boot flag, having highlighted the targeted OS X partition to boot from.Step 2: Shortly afterwards, you will be given the possibility to enter your own commands. You need write access to the partition, so we start with these commands:fsck -fymount -uw /Step 3: Go to the directory where you installed the kext.cd /System/Library/Extensions/orcd /Extra/ExtensionsStep 4: Remove the kext you just installed.rm -rf example.kextStep 5: Remove caches.rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.cachesStep 6: Clear nvram.nvram -d boot-args Step 7: shutdown pc by following command:​​shutdown -r now 

First off, Thanks again to Deepak and all the geniuses here at Niresh12495! I am writing this from my freshly booted Mavericks install and I couldn't have done it without you!! My initial problem with the install hanging at [AGPM Controller] Unknown Platform required nothing more than PATIENCE!
I was stuck at that same point when I needed to attend to something outside my home. I was out there for maybe 20 minutes. Upon my return

​my mackintosh was at the language select screen!! I simply hadn't waited long enough! Post install I had an issue while booting up. My screen went black (no signal detected) after the sound assertion line. But further reading in the forums here suggested I add the boot flags - CPUS=1 PCIROOTUID=1 GRAPHICSENABLER=YES NPCI=0X2000 and here I am! No Im going to read up on upgrading to 10.9.1
Thanks again you guys!!