Public Beta - SATA Controller kext
2 2

Question

Hello everybody,

I keep getting a "still waiting for root device" error related to "waiting on <dic>ID="0".

George Elliott Morris had the same problem here: 

Mark helped him out:

He said: "Then try to find the SATA controller kext from your current install, and then install it to /S/L/E (/System/Library/Extensions). If you can't find it, then try asking on Niresh's forums." to him.

Then George could boot with the flags "( ahcidisk=1 debug=8 USBBusFix=Yes)"

My only problem is that I just don't know where to find this SATA controller kext from my current install.

Maybe you think it's silly, but I'm working on this since weeks.

Mavericks works for me without any problems.

My specs are:

- CPU Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.40 Ghz

-  nVidia GeForce GTX 770 OC (Gigabyte)

- Z97M-D3H (Gigabyte) - George has a Z87, so I think there shouldn't be a different way to the solution, when I've exact the same problem. / ?

I used MacPwn-Developer-Preview-Yosemite-1.4

I use the public beta that you can download without a developer account from Apple's official website.

Sorry if there are any mistakes, I'm German.

Maybe it's to obvious for you, but I just don't get it..

1 answer to this question

>> He said: "Then try to find the SATA controller kext from your current install, and then install it to /S/L/E (/System/Library/Extensions). If you can't find it, then try asking on Niresh's forums." to him.

>> Then George could boot with the flags "( ahcidisk=1 debug=8 USBBusFix=Yes)"

Try to check BIOS options where you can change IDE or AHCISATA variant. The flag ahcidisk is a flag for drivecontroller kext and your machine problem may be solved by advanced jMicron drivers + serial ata controller kext(not critical; if you have working jMicron kext it not needed and ahci disk option does not any changes -- only different readwrite speed). Partitioning scheme is a two posible problem; check the way MBRPBR or GUID. Last works better ...

-----------------------

update

-----------------------

You machine may have a problems with arch flag. If hackintosh runs in 64bit mode the drivers(every kext contains multiple arch's support but you need one of) compiled with only x86(32bit) architecture may have a problems and work speed issues.

Primer: arch=x86_64 runs hackintosh in 64bit mode but a driver have only 32 bit support -- a drivers may be not load at a time to use hardware.