No Keyboard Mouse On Install Screen
2 2

Question

Sorry to start a new topic on this but I have done a search for every topic on keyboard and mouse in this forum and have still not found a solution: I can get all the way to the installation screen where the welcome scrolls in different languages but keyboard and mouse still not working. Both mouse and keyboard are usb. Should be noted that when switching off USB legacy in BIOS that keyboard and mouse dont work in boot screen.

I have tried every flag that people have suggested on here including:

USBBusFix=Yes

-v

-x

cpus=1

PCIRootUID=1

USBLegacyOff=Yes | No (Tried both ways)

Any additional suggestions are helpful.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

So my mb only has one PS/2 port and was successful in getting the PS/2 Keyboard to work in the welcome screen. I was able to get to the next screen (Install OSX) but am unable to proceed past that point now. I am able to use the tab key to go back and forth between continue and the go back arrow but cannot get to the utilities menu because mouse wont work still. I tried Shift+Command (windows logo)+U for utilities menu but no response. When I try to hit continue it just sits and does nothing. I assume from past installs on other machines that this means it doesnt see a suitable drive to install to.

On a side note, I since I do only have one PS/2 port I tried to boot with the PS/2 mouse only but it didn't work at all in the first welcome screen.

Thanks @deadmau5 for the suggestion. It is encouraging to be able to get past at least one block in the road!

Here's an update: I am now successfully installing Mavericks as I type.

Here's what I ended up doing (I don't pretend to know what I'm doing here, but my keyboard/mouse worked for install by following this method)

Downloaded the DSDT.aml file specific to my Gigabyte motherboard from http://www.tonymacx86.com/ and changing the name to the generic DSDT.aml file name. I had to unhide all the files on the Niresh USB (unfortunately I had to use my Mac to do this - dont know how else to do it since its formatted for Mac.) by following the instructions found here: http://krypted.com/mac-os-x/mavericks-show-hidden-files/. I then inserted the file in the Extras folder on the usb drive.

Then at boot I used the flags -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

1 person likes this

Hey , I just used  Win32DiskImager to Mount DMG to , on installation menu before pressing continue , i can move my mouse through touch pad but i cannot click with it (left mouse button works but i cannot click with my touch pad like windows or linux) , i did not press continue yet , just restart it and logged to my linux again, is this mean it wont work after installation ?

That is a link for my laptop Sony Vaio C series VPCCA15FG 

http://www.sony-asia.com/product/vpcca15fg/sku/vpcca15fg_d+e1

achieve with your recommendation load the specific DSTD my mother and achieve installing ... but when finished. and first starts again lose the mouse and keyboard any recommendation ??