Bios modification
2 2

Question

This is my first post, completly new to this, sorry if I will say some stupid things. Probably I will not install on my machine OS X, any version, but I am still curious on this, so... My machine can run Mountain Lion, checked it with the DVD. My CPU is Intel Celeron 1000M 1.80 dual core, Intel HD Graphics card, can not figure out the rest, how to get the Information, all I know is that my system is Lenovo G580, model 21057. I know that Mountain Lion can be upgraded to Yosemite on any hardware (Am I wrong?), so this means my system supports Yosemite. My question is that this distro requires some Bios modifications, I mean not just changing settings, but adding or/and removing  Bios components, I know that on other Hackintosh methods Bios replacement, totaly or partialy is required. Let`s say I install Yosemite, and then decide to turn back to Windows, would there be permanent modifications to the Bios? If so, official service might refuse repair or cleaning, if they discover this. Sorry again for my lack of expertise.

10 answers to this question

hi, 
in my opinion, there is no problem about changing the bios, and reinstallation of windows for after-sales service. 
WHY do not install OS-X and "WINDOWS" whole dual boot? 
good luck 
soon to OS-X 

(autmatic tanslation)

I had a Lenovo G575 (Which is pretty much the exact same system with a slightly worse motherboard). The darn things are nearly impossible to hackintosh. The Niresh build din't work so I gave up with mine as I didn't see it worth it. Next up, The celeron is a dreadful cpu, They are the bottom of Intels lineup. I don't know how powerful they are exactly but I'm not convinced it will run Mountain Lion as my G575 was 100%ed cpu wise at the desktop of windows 7 and about 40%ed at the desktop of XP!

You could try lion or maybe even snow leopard but the Lenovo G series from other posts I have seen and personal experience is a right pain to hackintosh and if it does work, its to slow to use at the end of the day making it not worth it.

Sorry to be the bearer of  bad news but best of luck :)

Thx for the replies. No, dual boot is aut of the question completly, I do not like that, maybe a Virtual Machine. I have a free license on a type of Windows 8.1, that is currently running on the machine. You say Mavericks or Yosemite should not be used, defantly, if I decide to do this, I shall not go to old versions like Lion. It seemed to me that the Niresh distro is so well done, that, if you allready have the right machine, after you load install, it will install just as easy of Windows, or almost. I was thinking for some time to switch to Linux, I have friends that did that and it Works, practicly, flawless, but it has a major dropback, for me. This drawback is the low support for music, I mean acces to online stores, music visualizers, and, most of all, music creation or editing. So, I taught of OS X Yosemite, when it will be available as a f inal version, it is still Unix, has a lot of the Unix relaibility that Windows does not have, and it has none of the music related drawbacks.  There arfaiome music creating software that require 4 gb of ram, not just 2 gb as I currently have. I wonder if there is a way to enhance swap, to give them the ram they need on OS X?

At the end, if I got this hardware, and the final installer of Yosemite, will it be as easy of Windows to install? Can Yosemite be installed and, if so, would it work ok?

For my part whatsoever Yosemite or Mavericks, everything is installed without major problems on the first try on the equipment already very old, dating as a processor, see the signature of the post. 
Mavericks runs like clockwork and I can walk "GarageBand" without any worries. I just added RAM (DDR2) and changed the graphics card is recognized by OS-X 
Good Luck 
(automatic translation)

I was thinking on Logic Pro, when I said DAW. Logic Pro asks for 4 gb and I know the installer stops if less if ram is present.

And, by the way, does this distro have full support, read and write, for NTFS partitions?

you ca use a soft call "Paragon NTFS" for read/write NTFS

Thx for the replies. All I need now is USB flash drive, large enought to fit the installer.

I guess that, if I install Mountain Lion from a DVD, not an usb driver, then I can upgrade to the Niresh distro of Mavericks or Yosemite without burning another DVD or using an USB flash drive, just download the installer and run it. Right?