Post Install Graphics\Hardware Question
1 1

Question

As you can surmise from the title, I've gotten 10.9.0 Niresh successfully installed. Ah was that fun... Anyway, I have a NVIDIA EVGA GTX 660 Ti for my graphics card which required me to set the GraphicsEnabler=No option on boot, got that all taken care of.

Now I've tried some games any they work beautifully, some even better than on their WindowsLinux counterpart surprisingly with the exception of a flickering issue. But I have another game that seems to run absolutely horridly and requires me to set all of my graphics settings to low, but doesn't have that issue on Windows. Now it wouldn't be too big of a stretch to say that the game just has a poor Mac port, but based on videos of the game on Mac, it seems like it runs just as smooth, and there's undoubtably some things that are done better in the Mac version anyway. At the risk of being mocked for playing this particular game, it's Duke Nukem Forever.

I'd go ahead and test it on my own Mac, but it's and old Mac Mini with Intel graphics that's slow on its own so... Not gonna help me, heh. Essentially, I was wondering if I might be missing something or if the hardware should be functioning automatically. I tried downloading this NVIDIA CUDA thing and it didn't seem to make much difference. Oh well, any help or information would be hugely helpful.

I haven't yet added my system specs to my signature or anything, so I'll add them to this post:

MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 4.2 GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

Edit:

One more thing, I was wondering if there was a way to set my GPU's performance mode. On Windows I had this program force my GPU into Performance Mode 2 so it would constantly stay at 1045 MHz and wouldn't throttle or dynamically adjust the frequency that caused stuttering with certain games.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet