Need help with my Ethernet post install
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I managed to get my Mavericks up and running on my AMD machine and all is well except for internet. My LAN port got fried recently and ever since I have been using a D-Link DGE-528T ethernet PCI card. While this works OOB on my Linux machine I am unable to get this working on my Hackintosh. I have tried so many things but nothing seems to work.

1. I disabled my on board LAN controller on my BIOS but that did not help.

2. I tried several RTL8169 Kexts from the internet but that too did not work. I put them into my S/L/E and into my IONetworkingFamily/Plugins folder but no dice

Whatever I do my hackintosh says that there are no PCI cards connected, I am completely stumped and I got no ideas, so please help me out. This is the only thing left for me to do on my mavericks setup, so I request you experts to lend me some advice

Peace

Ananth

1186 4300

lspci from my Linux box:

02:07.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: D-Link System Inc DGE-528T Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [1186:4300] (rev 10)

The kexts that I tried did have this. I tried putting it into IONetworkingFamily plugins folder and directly under /S/L/E folder, both did not work. (I do not know how to attach the kext in this post)

Another thing to mention is that I missed the "Customize" with my install - I guess the defaults worked for me.

The boot flags I use now are

GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 USBBusFix=Yes busratio=16 cpus=1

Should I put these into the chameleon plist in the Extra folder or should I redo the installation?

Is there some other information I should provide? I really need help with this as there is no information I am able to find that pertains to this, only expert advice can see me through this.