Low Resolution And Network Not Working After Update From 10.8.5

Question

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum so forgive me if I will commit some errors.

I've installed Niresh OSX some times before, and I always have the same problem: installation works fine, but my screen resolution is no more than 1280x1024.

Then I go to update my system with Apple Store, and when I reboot i get a good 1920x1080 resolution, but I have no more network.

I've already tried to use some methods searching with Google, installing kexts for my network card (Marvell Yukon 88e8053, drivers for 88e8056 are also good), but nothing worked.

In the earlier installations, I used the 10.8.2 distro. Now I switched to the 10.8.5, and I've seen that for audio and network there's Auto Install. So, my question is: can I update normally from Apple Store and rebooting with an improved resolution AND have my network still working, or do I have to do something else?

2 answers to this question

it seems that your problem is about the network disconnection and connection which sometimes appears, and sometimes not, correct?

i believe that was caused by the kexts which are not fully supported by your network card ( pardon for the mistakes ). In my Hackintosh, i don't have to do Apple Store update to get the max res.screen. Probably you wanna install the Atheros kext by using multi beast, and if it doesn't work, then try to search IO80211family.kext which supporting the 10.8x ( including 10.8.5 for sure ) and install it using kext wizard or kext utility, reboot and your network ( wi - fi ) won't become any problem at all, and you don't have to update from the Appstore. 

Anyway, what are your system specs?

Thanks for the reply, but I've done in some way :-D I've installed many kexts and packages and now I have my 10.8.5 updated, 1920x1080 resolution, network and audio OK, but I miss hardware acceleration (I think) because I have some troubles with browsers:

- with Safari, Youtube videos have an effect like play/pause about every second;

- with Firefox, I can't see Youtube videos at all

- with Chrome, I can see Youtube videos: audio is quite good, but video is poor, it seems not more than 10-12 fps

and the dock bar, with icons that become bigger when you get over them with mouse, doesn't have a smooth reaction.

My system specs are in my signature.

Can you help me to enable hardware acceleration on my system?