installer wont load
2 2

I am attempting to install niresh OS X Maverick 10.9.0 on Virtualbox to my hp envy:

I will add although my CPU and Windows installation are 64 bit for Intel Virtualbox only offers x86  (I do not know if this could be causing my problem)

• Windows 8.1 64
• 4th generation Intel® Core i7-4510U Dual Core Processor + 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M Graphics
• 17.3-inch diagonal Full HD WLED-backlit Display (1920x1080)
• 16GB DDR3L System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 1TB 5400 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive
• SuperMulti DVD burner
• Intel 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth® [2x2]
The bios loads and it shows the normal loader window:
I have tried no settings,
hp -v
currently hp -v is the only one that appears to make any action on the screen the rest the view resets to the same menu immediately 
hp -v starts loading it appears
but then turns back to the previous window (the above shows so quickly I had to freeze the display just to get this screenshot before it returned)
as far as I can tell this is the last line that displays prior to returning to the boot window.
Any ideas on how to fix this - ideally I want to run Mac in a virtual environment as long as it is possible.

2 answers to this question

When I was messing around on virtual machines, I coudn't get anything to work on virtualbox. But I tried VMWare after and it booted up right away. Give it a shot..

1 person likes this

I have tried with vmware also now with the same exact results - I am going to attempt redownloading os x in case my download was bugged