Mavericks not booting up on MSI GE60 2PE
2 2

Question

Although I am attempting to successfully install and configure Mavericks 10.9 on my MSI GE60 2PE laptop, I have been encountering some problems related to Bluetooth. However, from what I have seen thus far around the internet, it seems to be an issue with the graphics drivers. If I boot Mavericks in safe mode using -x flag, it just works fine.

Some specs of my laptop:

Integrated GPU: Intel HD 4600

Dedicated GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M

Memory RAM: 8,00GB 1 slot 1600MHz

Picture of where the logging stops using -v flag (sorry about the quality):

1410629496__20140913_182608.jpg

Picture of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist (I booted using -x flag):

1410630124__20140913_183759.jpg

I have also tried GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes but it didn't seem to do much. As I found somewhere on the internet too, I might be using the wrong platform id but I am really confused about this, I don't know what to use. Do I need new kexts? Do I just need to change the platform id to a correct one?

If you need more information, just ask me I'll be glad to answer!

Thank you everyone.

2 answers to this question

Although I am attempting to successfully install and configure Mavericks 10.9 on my MSI GE60 2PE laptop, I have been encountering some problems related to Bluetooth. However, from what I have seen thus far around the internet, it seems to be an issue with the graphics drivers. If I boot Mavericks in safe mode using -x flag, it just works fine.

Some specs of my laptop:

Integrated GPU: Intel HD 4600

Dedicated GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M

Memory RAM: 8,00GB 1 slot 1600MHz

Picture of where the logging stops using -v flag (sorry about the quality):

1410629496__20140913_182608.jpg

Picture of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist (I booted using -x flag):

1410630124__20140913_183759.jpg

I have also tried GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes but it didn't seem to do much. As I found somewhere on the internet too, I might be using the wrong platform id but I am really confused about this, I don't know what to use. Do I need new kexts? Do I just need to change the platform id to a correct one?

If you need more information, just ask me I'll be glad to answer!

Thank you everyone.

860m is not currently supported, just add nv_disable=1 to boot flag, and IGPPlatformID is for clover, not chameleon, use IntelAzulFB instead for Haswell graphics, InterAzulFB is ranging from 0 to 15, usually working with 10-12 for hd4600, just try which will work.