Mavericks not seeing HDD during install!!!
2 2

Question

So I have been trying to install Mac OS X on my computers for the past few years and I have never had any luck. Right now I am trying to install it on a PC that I just built. It has an AMD FX 4130 with a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard, a EVGA GTX 460 graphics card, 4GB of ram, and two 250gb HDD's. I have Zorin OS 9 on one hard drive right now and I originally built it for a HTPC. Right now when I try to install it, I use amdfx to boot and it all works until I get to the disk utility. It only reads my USB drive. I have tried deleting the partition in Linux, I have formatted it to Fat32, and tried NTFS just to see what was going on. No matter what I do I cant get it to find the drive. I have even tried plugging a SSD to the USB and install. Still not working. I did make sure that the HDD was set to AHCI. So right now I need help....

1 answer to this question

Try booting with PCIRootUID=1 or 0 and npci=0x2000.

Are you sure the hard drives are ALL set to AHCI mode? Gigabyte and ASUS motherboards have an AHCI-IDE combined mode or something, which runs ONLY your main drive on AHCI mode and the rest run on IDE mode. If this is the case, disable it.

Also, you should format the drive as Fat32, which is the format OSX can read/write to, but it is not important during the installation. Have you tried changing the SATA ports? Connect the hard drive to another one?

My final suggestion would be upgrading the BIOS version to the latest one, if you haven't done that yet.