post installation graphics and audio problems :)
2 2

Question

Hi everyone,

I' ve installed successfully Mavericks on a pc with 

- CPU: Intel Core E7200
- Graphic Card: nVidia ECS 8800GT
- MotherBoard:
GA-EP35C-DS3R 

Audio Card (Chipset Realtek ALC 889A)

Screen analysis is 1024 x 748 3MB memory and no audio.

I ve started by cloning the installation in the same disk because patches for Nvidia and audio solutions in the download sector recuire a 10.9.5 version and i did not wat to reinstall again -  a wise desicion later on. An update using app store started in the cloned installation but in the reboot graphics failed and I got a black screen (monitor had no signal at all)... 

I ve tried everything with multibeast without results in the first installation...

Now can someone give me a link/hint to a solution please:

1.Can i update to 10.9.5 without a black screen as to install the patches?

2.Or do i have to fix 10.9.0 first and latter on to update? Is there a fix for 10.9.0?

Thanks a lot for any help given. 

2 answers to this question

Fixed audio and screen resolution - but still with glitches - using chameleon wizard.

Is there a safe way - guide to upgrade to 10.9.5?

what do i have to save (kexts etc) and how do i re-use them?

As far as graphics are concerned, have a read here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/141687-nvidia-releases-alternate-graphics-drivers-10-9-5-334-01-03f01.html

These are supposed to fix issues with 10.9.5 and NVidia graphics cards.

Your best solution for audio is to install VoodooHDA from here : http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/download/1194-voodoohda-286-pkg-installer/

Just install the latest one, pretty easy and straight-forward. I think the installation is automatic. It automatically finds your audio device and installs the correct kext. 

I also wanted to ask if OSX boots with "GraphicsEnabler=No". If so, you can easily download the driver from NVidia and install it. Let me know if it works!