Mac OS X and Windows on the same hdd.
1 1

Question

Hi,

Can I use Mac OS X and Windows on the same hdd? How I should prepare hdd for these two systems? 

7 answers to this question

You should check some Youtube Videos.they help alot..but i really recommend using separate hard drives.one for osx and other one for windows

Hi,Can I use Mac OS X and Windows on the same hdd? How I should prepare hdd for these two systems?

You can make multi-boot on same hdd it is very simple ....... :)1:-Boot using Niresh-IS0 and make 4 partition like mac,windows,Linux,and data like this or make whatever you like & make sure use MBR partition table instead of GUID.2:-format windows partiton as a fat ,mac as mac os extended jou,linux as fat,and data as a fat3:-Then restart4:-install windows first on windows drive5:-install linux on linux drive make sure install grub(linux bootloader) on linux drive instead of entire drive.6:-install mac on mac drive then install latest chameleon bootload on mac drive and restart and see the magic :P:o Edited by HackintoshMumbai

You can make multi-boot on same hdd it is very simple ....... :)1:-Boot using Niresh-IS0 and make 4 partition like mac,windows,Linux,and data like this or make whatever you like & make sure use MBR partition table instead of GUID.2:-format windows partiton as a fat ,mac as mac os extended jou,linux as fat,and data as a fat3:-Then restart4:-install windows first on windows drive5:-install linux on linux drive make sure install grub(linux bootloader) on linux drive instead of entire drive.6:-install mac on mac drive then install latest chameleon bootload on mac drive and restart and see the magic :P:o

Can you open them please, im very noob on that, im sorry, these are so different for me. And this is for Windows PC?

he means you insert niresh dvd then when you at the screen of the disk utility there you create the nesessary partitions ,once you are in disk utility

you choose the hard drive you want to use .then click where it says partition and on the drop down arrow you select 2 partition one for windows

and the other one for mac.then you format the first one as fat so you can install windows later and then choose mac os extended jou for the mac osx system you want to install.

1 person likes this

he means you insert niresh dvd then when you at the screen of the disk utility there you create the nesessary partitions ,once you are in disk utility

you choose the hard drive you want to use .then click where it says partition and on the drop down arrow you select 2 partition one for windows

and the other one for mac.then you format the first one as fat so you can install windows later and then choose mac os extended jou for the mac osx system you want to install.

He writes install linux with grub, we can choose the os on GRUB?

You can make multi-boot on same hdd it is very simple ....... :)

1:-Boot using Niresh-IS0 and make 4 partition like mac,windows,Linux,and data like this or make whatever you like & make sure use MBR partition table instead of GUID.

2:-format windows partiton as a fat ,mac as mac os extended jou,linux as fat,and data as a fat

3:-Then restart

4:-install windows first on windows drive

5:-install linux on linux drive make sure install grub(linux bootloader) on linux drive instead of entire drive.

6:-install mac on mac drive then install latest chameleon bootload on mac drive and restart and see the magic :P:o

i don't think i'd be trusting your instructions if you can't get the file format right for windows.  fat 32 is way out dated.  for vista, 7, 8, and 8.1 you want ntfs.  plus the op never asked about adding linux to the mix.  i'm pretty sure you don't need linux installed just to have a booy loader that will allow for both windows and os x.