OSX not booting after updating from 10.9.0 to 10.9.5
3 3

Question

I followed the Alienware tutorial here http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/3861-alienware-17-r5-tutorial/ Did everything to spec. The creator has the same laptop specs as me as well.

My config:

Alienware 17

i7 4800qm

780m GTX

16 GB Ram

BCM43xx Wifi

Killer e2200 Network Card

It boots, but didn't have any sound and the 780m GTX cards fan was on high as soon as it started. I have installed all of the Kext files with kextwizard. Then I tried to update it using the bundled update 10.9.1...10.9.5.(this was after Niresh's files were done being modified by the system). When It called for a restart I restarted it and it restarts immediately. Then I tried -x -v. It wouldn't even try to work for me. It restarted so fast that i couldn't even see where it failed, but I'm assuming it's the kernel. SO what I did was reinstall and save the kernel and kexts. I updated and replaced my kernel and kexts and it restarts with no flags and will freeze at GeForceSensors (pci1): started. Nothing more happens and I let it sit there for a good 20-30 minutes. Then I removed all Geforce kexts. It freezes at Resetting IOCatalogue. I am at a loss. I need it updated at least to 10.9.3. Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

Did you try -v -f -x after replacing the kernel & kexts?

You might also want to try GraphicsEnabler=No 

Also did you repair permissions after replacing the kexts and kernel? That is before trying to boot up?

Are these steps required only if you have a Haswell CPU? I have an older C2Duo box with am E4500 CPU and on P5K-VM box using Niresh. Currently OS X is at 10.9.4 and wanted to determine if these series of streps are required for this older CPU or not.