Fresh install hangs on Apple logo
1 1

Question

Hi all

I have installed Niresh from USB and all seemingly went well.
I installed to a 2nd partiton on my SSD (which also has Windows 7)

Spec is as follows:
CPU: i7 4770
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
SSD: Crucial m4 120GB
USB Mouse
PS/2 Keyboard
4x 4GB Crucial RAM
Built in GPU

When I installed I left all of the custom options on the defaults and I have not used any boot flags

On install the system restarted and I picked Mac OSX to boot, however, it got to a grey screen with a silver apple logo and a loading circle and it is just stuck on this. Does anybody know what I have done wrong as I thought this hardware was really well supported out the box

5 answers to this question

Thanks for that, I googled that flag and my GPU and came up with this which works:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=10

Do I need the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag?

It now works swimmingly

:) I will try to edit the bootloader to do this every time

Now I have got it working I decided to update to 10.9.5 - I figured if I was going to break my install I would do it now, is there anything I should know? I figured out I need to re-enable TRIM already and I'll need multi beast to do that but is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Managed to fix this very quickly, verbose booting showed it was something to do with BluetoothHCI that it was getting stuck on, a quick google and I booted successfully using
-v -x

Managed to fix this very quickly, verbose booting showed it was something to do with BluetoothHCI that it was getting stuck on, a quick google and I booted successfully using

-v -x

you are booting in safe mode, which disable a lot of function, no graphic acceleration will be enabled. you stuck there probably because of your graphics are not working properly, you should try to boot with boot flag: IntelAzulFB=XX(0 to 15, by trial and error) if you are using chameleon boot loader

Thanks for that, I googled that flag and my GPU and came up with this which works:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=10

Do I need the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag?

It now works swimmingly

:) I will try to edit the bootloader to do this every time

Now I have got it working I decided to update to 10.9.5 - I figured if I was going to break my install I would do it now, is there anything I should know? I figured out I need to re-enable TRIM already and I'll need multi beast to do that but is there anything else I need to be aware of?

yes you need GraphicsEnabler=Yes to enable QE/CI(the acceleration). i don't really know about that, i am using a haswell cpu too, and only with hdd, not ssd, i can directly upgrade from 10.9 to 10.9.5, just need to replace the kernel. you may ask me for a working patched xpcm haswell kernel

Got it all working thanks,it needed a few mods to the bootloader, nothing serious. The current kernel seems to run fine without any patching