Stuck on OS X Mavericks 10.9 install after a lost week and multiple tries
2 2

Question

Hey guys so this is my first post, I apologize if I leave something out or this has been answered, but I cant seem to find it.

So I have been trying to get os x 10.9.4 or later installed on my PC. Specs

Windows 7 SP1 X64

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8 GHz

Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H

DDR3 4GB Ram

ATI Radeon HD 4250

AMD High Definition Audio Device

I installed VMware Workstation 10 and used the Unlocker 1.3. Added the VM for OS X 10.9, Removed the "firmware = efi" when I attempt to boot using the .vmx IDE torrent "os x mavericks 10 9 retail vmware image" I get to Loading Darwin/X86 screen and it just keeps spooling. I don't know how to get past that screen and get to the installation.

I installed Virtualbox 4.3.12 and used the Niresh ISO. I finally got OS X installed using the amd64 flag and added the graphics for 1080p. It runs pretty slow in Virtualbox but at least it boots. When I try to upgrade to 10.9.5 uding the app store, the purpose of having OS X is to use Xcode which needs 10.9.4+, it boots to the Guru Meditation error. I am really lost here and have been reading forums and install guides for the past week. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for everything so far guys.

P.S what is the fasting more stable software to use VMware or Virtualbox? Can I install OS X 10.9.5 on either one using AMD?

1 answer to this question

I tried installing mavericks in virtualbox, and yes runs so slow, then better i installed it in my hard drive directly and it runs well,

you need at least 8gb of ram in order to run it from virtualbox